sunnycoast
Years ago

36ers beat gold coast

This is what will be read around the country tonight. With the current confidence of our key players I cann't see us losing after such a great win last night. Come on boys.....

Topic #14487 | Report this topic

Gravity man  
Years ago

We need to win our last 3 games and hope gold coast lose their last 3 and we sneak in the top 8,after a 36 point win,it will be interesting if sixers can keep momentum going into tonites game,if our starters perform well and the bench gives us some scoring power we should win by 8pts.Fantastic game after half time.TONIGHT will decide sixers fate.

Reply #170691 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Let's just wait and see. Sure last nights game was an awesome effort, but realistically we shoot the lights out from downtown. Lasst nights win is done recorded and take some confidence into the next game but it will be tough! (Unless of course we can shoot the lights out again!).

Reply #170692 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I think getting the next 3 wins is a little too much, Sixers will miss out on the finals, just.

Reply #170693 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

dont get to confident

but we can do it

CMON SIXERS!!

Reply #170695 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

C mon sixers this is a massive game, im sure everyone knows, if we win then back up against Cairns next sat night here at the dome with a big crowd, oh my tonight is massive, is their any radio coverage? lol

Reply #170697 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

billups 1, go to: http://nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=live-match-audio and click on the GC blaze logo. WE all know how unreliable the NBL is regarding this sort of thing so it's anyone's guess as to whether the radio stream will actually work.

Reply #170698 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

This one could go either way. I expect Joyce to clamp down on Ballinger and Hodge - look for Mcgregor, Pero, Frank and co to push, bump and niggle all night inside and anytime Hodge gets in teh lane he can expect some very hard fouls. Crowe and Harvey will need to be at the top of their games scoring wise and Whitehead to continue his all round game.

Im tipping Blaze by 5, as the Sixers will have to travel up here today and play early (6pm local) If they play with the same passion and intensity as last night then anything is possible

Reply #170709 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

and sunnycoast....I hope the woofing Gods were watching as you posted that thread heading :)

Reply #170710 | Report this post

BBALL  
Years ago

CMON SIXERS we can do it

Reply #170730 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

National Pharmacies need to sponsor the outside shots again - that worked last night!

Reply #170741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it bad enough having a sponsor for subs but... we now have a sponsor for outside shots!!!??? This is the sort of thing people do when they're desperately short on cash so why are the Sixers doing it?

Reply #170743 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

National Pharmacies donated $100 for every 3 the sixers made

Reply #170754 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

#170743: The 36ers don't have a sponsor for subs. What you may be getting confused with is the sponsor for the floor wipers - quite often when they are called out, we have a sub at the same time.

Reply #170760 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And the donation was to Prostate SA (or "Prostrate SA" as Neil announced it a couple of times!).

Whatever it was, it led to a lot of threes, so try it again.

Reply #170767 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

"And the donation was to Prostate SA (or "Prostrate SA" as Neil announced it a couple of times!)."

Try every single time.
I was very close to notifying someone about that.. but I assumed someone in the Admin team would have told him after the first 10 or so times...

Reminded me of when Eddie McGuire hosted the logies a few years back and called Delta Goodram "Deltra" Goodram all night...

Cringeworthy.

Reply #170768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was it Neale Burton from National Pharmacies you're referring to?

If so.. lol.. i work for National Pharmacies.

Neale Burton is a top guy though!

Reply #170786 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The Sixers are still battered and bruised from last night's game. They were also on a real high last night after a win like that, I would be surprised if they slept much last night. 2 hours crammed in tight plane seats today to play tonight won't help either. Got to love the scheduling. It happened 2 weeks ago when they played in Brisbane after playing in Wollongong the night before. They have to endure it again tonight. Good luck to them but a win should not be taken for granted.

Reply #170788 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Neil Stanton, the courtside announcer.

Reply #170793 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

sunnycoast & gravity Man
What a refreshing change.
Cheers!!!!!

Reply #170818 | Report this post

man of many words  
Years ago

how gd is hodge another 30pts 10reb and 5ass game will he be in the nba next year do u reckon? hope for our sake he aint

Reply #170934 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754