Player10
Years ago

Is Saturday it for Smyth/Maher?

just wondering if people think it will be the coach and mahers last game on sat night?

im hoping not in both cases but its looking like i might not make the game but if its their last games i will drop everything to see them be sent off in style and show my appreciation.

(Mod: Title adjusted. Referencing possible final home game.)

Topic #14513 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was phil on 5aa radio just then. Said he is 50/50 whether he wants to go on. Meets with Mal tomorrow. They asked him about this topic (like a sheedy hird, goodbye)

Reply #171179 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I think it's the right time for Phil to go unfortunately. Brett Maher has another season left in him provided he plays less than 25 minutes a game and starts on the bench.

Reply #171215 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Phil did say that they would have to find someone to take over from Brett so he could play half a game.
He mentioned that if Brett does not play these last two games then he has missed half the season.

Reply #171221 | Report this post

sc  
Years ago

he gets told tomorrow no longer required.

Reply #171223 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Sm*th has won 3 titles for this team. For that I will always have fond memories of him and wish him the best. My biggest concern is weather Maher will go on or not! All good things must come to an end......BUT id like to see him attempt the reduced minutes season before retiring....this season is no way for him to go out!

Reply #171226 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

really just need him coming off the bench, if these two imports stick i guess the ideal thing would be to hope ng comes back keep him starting and bring brett of the pine, basically a reversal of roles.

Reply #171243 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Guess that's what has to be worked through. Whether Ng is working in hospital at odd hours etc. How Brett's legs are going. Hodge is a priority signing, but may get taken away by nba. Ballinger is playing for us, he's happy to sign.

Reply #171247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett has another year in contract anyway

Reply #171248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If he wanted to stop playing, I'd say the club would give him that option. I'm sure it'll come down to whether he wants to play on.

A scoring/leadership punch off the bench would be great.

Reply #171251 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That is it. Whether he wants to battle through injury problems and miss games, or whether he's fit enough for half a game for another season would be worked through.

Reply #171253 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

If they use him like D-mac from Melbourne they may get 2 seasons extra out of him, provided he wants to play on

Reply #171256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why woudl saturdy be their last games? who would coach the last game in singapore on wednesday next week?

Reply #171355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last home game.

Reply #171356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754