DB5
Years ago

NH: Cousins faces media, plans exhibition fight

Ben Cousins has faced the media for the first time since his deregistration by the AFL.

He has admitted an addiction, and also referred to other atheletes doing recreational drugs.

He is also going to fight in an exhibition bout against a yet to be determined opponent as the undercard for a Mundine hosted fight night.

Link

Link

Topic #14541 | Report this topic

ShaneD  
Years ago

hmm..

Well.. I'd pay money to see Cousins get his face smashed in.. so I am sure lots of other people would.

Reply #171580 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cousins vs Corey Party Boy on pay-per-view... it'd be one-sided, but that's the idea!

Reply #171586 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Might get people back on side for Cousins as well..lol

Cheers for fixing the link.

Reply #171601 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Just curious as to why youd (ShaneD) wanna see him get his face smashed in?? The dude has an illness, does that warrant a beating??

Reply #171615 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Ben Cousins v Wayne Carey: last man standing, which may occur before the opening bell.

Reply #171625 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Why is it when people make poor life decisions its referred to as an illness. It implies that his decisions are "out of his hands". Maybe a good flogging would wake him up. GO COREY!! (ps i dislike corey too)

Reply #171626 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DaddyO, good suggestion. Are drinking glasses permitted as a fighting implement?

Reply #171639 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Isaac, how about a slight variation: Delaney v Carey in 'Battle of the Glasses'.

Reply #171640 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Woody, you ignoramus, addiction (alcohol and drugs eg ) is a disease which causes the person suffering to make desperate life decisions. I hope no-one in your family has been born with a pre-disposition to this disease and makes some poor decisions -I would pity them.

Reply #171655 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

He still needs a flogging

Reply #171657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon - isn't addiction purely mental?
I always thought of a disease as some you contract, ie the flu is a disease.

Reply #171658 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anon - quite the opposite. Addiction is a physical affliction. In the case of drugs, the need for a chemical substance. Usually has mental side effects

Reply #171667 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Why would you pay to see it?

Stand outside any nightclub in Northbridge on any Saturday night, fair chance you will see any number of AFL "stars" in a boxing match.

:)

Reply #171674 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Andrew Johns and Ben Cousins vs Corey Delaney and Wayne Carey. Now id pay to see that!

Reply #171695 | Report this post

Dog 13  
Years ago

I'm hanging out for Barry Hall and Willie Mason to hang up their sprigs and pull the gloves on.

Reply #171705 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I'm on your side Woody. We need to purge society of this whole excuse.

Reply #171709 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

"Just curious as to why youd (ShaneD) wanna see him get his face smashed in?? The dude has an illness, does that warrant a beating??"

Because I don't like him.

If Joe Bloggs gets smacked up on drugs, commits numerous crimes against friends and society, he is thrown directly to Gaol (without collecting $200) and discarded as human waste

If Ben Cousins / Wayne Carey any other given high profile tool do it.. people call for them to "get the help they need" or "they have an illness" .. meh .. they can all go get stuffed.

Don't like him.. like to see him knocked out. (shrugg) Don't care ;-)

Reply #171719 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

Agree Shane D, both low lifes who had so much potential

Reply #171770 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Thx Moses. Its these people that drink Soy Latte's, have psychologists for their pets, spend hours doing there hair and dont take responsibility for their actions that are ruining society. HARDEN up Anon 171655.

Reply #171793 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

So if i spend hours doing my hair, im ruining society??

Those bloody hairdressers!!!

Reply #171803 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754