Brand
Years ago

Impact of Heal on Cortez Groves' game

Seems Groves confidence got shot to bits with Heal coaching. Heal also publicly questioned Groves abilitu to create his own shot which is rubbish.

I think the fact Heal took alot of the offense that Groves needs to play well as well his confidence being shot goes to show how bad things were at the Dragons. In my view Groves is a gun, an elite import who deserves to see out the second year of his contract.

Topic #14555 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is welcome at da Sixers.

Reply #171773 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Been saying it all along.

Tez is the kind of guy that needs to do what he does. Heal tried to get im to focus on parts of his game that weren't his strengths and publicly criticised him when he failed to meet Heal's expectations.

You let him do what he does and he's fine.

That said, would have preferred to keep "K", and whther Gorves stays or not next season may depend a lot on who his backcourt partner may be.

I was interested to see Groves on the published free-agent list, even though the Dragons were very public about his deal being for 2 years.

Reply #171781 | Report this post

Hood 87  
Years ago

Carfino spoke to Tez post game last night, and he said something along the lines of

I just needed an opportunity to show what i can do.

Cheaky swipe at Heal i thought.

Reply #171788 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I love his game, especially last night. It was a definate "in your face" to Heal in the way he played so freely. His game would be a great addition to the Sixers, I just wonder what he is like in regards to lockeroom/team chemistry?

Reply #171796 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

He did look alot more relaxed in all areas of his game last night.
Post game you could see that swipe clearly at hammer.

Reply #171819 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I love watching Cortez Grove and this season is a huge shame. This bloke can truly play. He's welcome @ the 36ers anytime man. I hope the club chases him hard since he's on the free agent list and also since Kavossy is still contracted to the Hawks.

Reply #171865 | Report this post

solo  
Years ago

Cortez is an awesome player no doubt but I would still prefer Balls and Hodge. Adam is playing so well as has saved the 36ers for embarrassment so many times this last season and i know he's becoming a citizen but does anyone know when the papers are coming through because if it is in the off season then yah go for it and take his import spot. As for Hodge, as stated by Steve Carfino and Andrew Gaze last sat night when they televised the game V bullets he's the first 36er to get a triple double since Rob Rose in '94! And he was .5 of a stat away from averaging a triple double over 2 games! The 36ers should put their priorities in signing both of them (long term if possible) with an NBA out clause for Hodge who's made it clear he would like another shot at the NBA.
As I started with Cortez is a real superstar in my eyes however we already have 2 imports which are just as dangerous and would both be perfect for a rebuilding franchise... as for Shane, he's not worth anyone's time to write about, as a player he was good but overly arrogant, as a commentator he knew Jack s**t and as a coach he proved how much he knew as he sucked (and even that's an understatement).
South are better off without him.

Reply #171985 | Report this post

OohAhhEre!  
Years ago

I disagree with your comments about Heal solo. Yes he's overly arogant, however that makes him fun to watch and when he gets fired up he can destroy a whole team by himself (less in his old age). He wasn't only good as a player, he was extremely good!

I would also rather him as a commentator than that retard Gaze or stuttering slow talking bradtke (who still was better than Gaze). Carfino is an idiot and Casey is annoying.

As a coach he sucks major assh*le!

Reply #172001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754