Anonymous
Years ago

Voldemort - Only had 2 months holiday in 11 years.

Saw this in paper today and nearly choked.

Not a bad quote considering the season (including pre season) probably ges from July-end March at best.

Coupled with the fact that they have Wednesdays off and the fact that trainings are 10-12 on other days, 2 months holiday in 11 years is an interesting figure for Volde to arrive at.

Topic #14558 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No wonder he is so fatigued from that work load.

Fair dinkum.

Reply #171782 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Those recruiting trips to USA would be exhausting too.
Where do I apply for this role?

Reply #171784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the season doesn't run for the full 12 months. he doesn't get out to many ABL games at all. the team starts training later than some others. did he use the same calculator that came up with homik and the wildcats costing the 36ers $500,000? the press is giving him the rope and he is hanging himself. depressing.

Reply #171785 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

{sarcasm} And of course he's oh-so visable around the traps in the offseason. Notoriously present at ABL games weekly, and always shows his face at U16 & U18 nationals. {/sarcasm}

If anyone was listening to the 5AA interview last night (most of which is included in Boti's column today), they were fed typical Phil shite, along with typically parochial KG shite (*scoff* "like there'd be a better applicant").

Reply #171786 | Report this post

Smarthe is great at manipulating facts.... He is ept at blaming other people when things go bad.... He does a great job at taking the credit when they go well.... At the end of the day he is gone..... I'll give him an ovation for his efforts and look forward to an new and exciting era with the 6ers... The scarey thing is if he puts his hand up again and Mal hasn't been around long enough to see Smarthes old tricks and is convinced to reappoint him...

I still can't beleive it when he says his record is the best in Australia and that he has been offered job by other clubs and he didn't take them because he wants to stay in SA. Talk to the owners of the club that he was supposed to have been approached by... Find out what his thoughts on the man are...

Reply #171787 | Report this post

DerwinFan  
Years ago

All I can say is; BA got it right.

Reply #171790 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

It was always said that when Voldemort got in the hardest thing would be to get him out!

Reply #171802 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Come on guys ease up....sleeping upright on the bench is damn hard work!!!

Reply #171832 | Report this post

Club Med  
Years ago

What an atrocious thing to say when his trainings are considered by many to be exactly that - a holiday!

They way he sits at games looks like he is on a banana lounge on Hamilton Island.

He certainly took a holiday when it came to recruiting.

He certainly took a holiday when it came to scouting the opposition.

BANG!!

(thats the back door hitting his ass)

Reply #171836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a nice big holiday begins in a couple more weeks. a good reward after 11 yrs.

Reply #171845 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Voldemort needs to take a long holiday and stay away from coaching for a season. He's drained, fatigued and stressed. Walk away, let someone else have a turn, fresh change, take a holiday.

Reply #171864 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah I liked how he said he has probably been the best coach in Australia over the last 10 years (due to his 3 championships). However, he failed to mention he is close to the worst coach in the league over the last 5 years! Certaintly worst in my book in terms of team performance compared with talent in the team.

Reply #171871 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Even I have been talking up the "leaving with dignity" side of things. OK, he's gone so why treat him badly, he deserve accolades for what he has achieved. Even if the last couple of seasons have hurt. None of this "Don't let the door hit you in the arse....." or "Good Riddance" stuff.

But the man is a fool......given the opportunity to go quietly with dignity, he's chosen to whinge and whine, crap on about players leaving with him and imaginary job offers from other clubs.

Phil...... Quit it.... now.... Maintain some self respect man.

Reply #171874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He needs a full time pooper scooper walking behind him to pick up all the BS.

Reply #171900 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I respect V to the mort's contribution to our titles as much as the next guy, but as mentioned above, it's getting ridiculous now.

I genuinely hope someone steps in and makes a positive change; actively recruits with a particular view to local talent, establishes a regimented off season preparation that isn't rushed and helps mold the team together as a cohesive unit, as opposed to throwing random stuff at the court and seeing what sticks from his vantage point in the courtside plastic hammock.

Reply #172014 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

I think he meant to say he has had 11 months holiday in the last 2 years .
How long do seasons run for ? see above equation for answer .

Reply #172021 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754