witness
Years ago

Policing by-law breaches

I have seen clubs drop senior players to lower graded teams playing under other names.

I have seen kids swapped between 2 teams within one grade to get the desired result.

who polices this skull duggery!

all basketball sa does is checks the names off the scoresheets!

but i have witnessed players playing under another name - so the scoresheet looks correct from the basketball SA office.

it is clearly cheating and impossible to police without an ID check on game day.

Topic #14625 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Perhaps if you read the by-laws rotations between and across teams can be acceptable in the first part of the minor rounds. Perhaps it is not skull duggery, it is just that you are not aware of what it going on in a particular Club. Some kids do get dropped to Div 2 from Div 1 and that is perfectly acceptable. If you feel you have a genuine complaint, speak to your Club Secretary or send them an email. BSA will look into it. But I think that 9 out of 10 times the complaint has no merit and the complainant comes off looking like a tool.

Reply #172565 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

What the! Has Dusty been playing Div 4 men again with a false beard?

Reply #172572 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I'm Spartacus!

Reply #172581 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Come and see my social team at Wayville. We all play with beards and dark glasses. The following is the line up:

Mett Braher
Badam Allinger
Sturty6ers
Canard Lopeland
Narren Ding

We are top of the ladder. It's all about winning.....

Reply #172584 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

no, im spartacus...and so's my wife

Reply #172615 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

"who polices this skull duggery!"

Someone has the "Pirates of the Carribean" trilogy on DVD at home. Me think so.... AHHH!

Reply #172695 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

As a basketball executive dude and tribunal panel member, I tell people to go for it. Cheat all you like. Play under false names. Register with two clubs.

But if you get caught, don't ask me for sympathy and may God have mercy on your soul because I won't.

Seems to work for me.

Reply #172699 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

So your involving God in district basketball Moses. With that name no suprise. RELAX.

Reply #172703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:02 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754