Isaac
Years ago

South Dragons coach news

Selected quoted from this article:

While Sydney Kings coach Brian Goorjian remains the Dragons' No. 1 target, the club is moving ahead to the formal interview stage with interim coach Molloy and Stacker, knowing it cannot wait too long for Goorjian.

"We have told Ian Stacker that we will consider him and that he will get an interview," Dragons chairman Mark Cowan said yesterday.

"We will ask him to make a presentation and we will do the same thing with Guy Molloy. We will put them through the selection process."

The Dragons have received many applications, including several from overseas and one candidate with experience as an NBA assistant coach.

But it seems likely the club will go with somebody with NBL experience, meaning it's Goorjian, Molloy or Stacker.

"We are still considering some other candidates," Cowan said.

"We probably will go with someone with NBL experience, but that does not mean we won't at least talk to somebody else. We have had some interesting applications."

Someone with experience as an NBA assistant coach?

Topic #14667 | Report this topic

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

Brown looking to come back to Aust?

Reply #173271 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Na Price

Reply #173273 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hell No, he would be on way too good a wicket over there now as a proper assistant! Not just a defensive coach now.

Reply #173274 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Price is a shooting coach at the Grizzlies. Not quite classified as an assistant?

Brown has been hinted at - wonder what he'd earn over there and why Cowan would turn him down if he wanted it?

Reply #173277 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Dunlap?

Reply #173280 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Is Chris Jent an actual assistant at Cleveland? I guess if it was him, they'd have said "with head coaching" experience, so I suppose that probably rules him out.

Reply #173285 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I hope Mal has looked at who ever it is

Reply #173290 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Sam MacKinnon thinks Brett Brown:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23176875-10389,00.html

Reply #173291 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Brett Brown's names been thrown around for a few weeks now. I'm sure it's just Cowans usual marketing ploys and ability to talk things up. Drop a few tid bits here and there, when in actual fact they prob havnt even had a call from Brown.

Reply #173299 | Report this post

dfgh  
Years ago

The application is pretty average or just very plain

South Dragons Head Coach Application

Reply #173351 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

This dynamic Melbourne based national league franchise has a strong focus on a winning team culture, exceptional performance........

I think I just wee'd a little when I read that.

Reply #173353 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

heheh i think they had been on the 'weed' when they wrote that bit.

Reply #173357 | Report this post

hayden  
Years ago

The South Dragons have been great this year. I have started a whole new website about them www.southdragons.fbhosting.com check it out and tell me what you think.

Reply #210550 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754