LJ
Years ago

Can Greg Oden win ROTY next season?

Coz G Oden the first overall draft pick didn't play this season

can he win rookie of the year next year...

Discuss

Topic #14677 | Report this topic

The Hamma  
Years ago

yes he can coz next year is his first year in the league the same thing happened with Nick Collison missing his rookie year coz of injury

Reply #173421 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

From ESPN.com ... I know it's only one sentence (at number 23), and I'm assuming the writer checked with a reliable source (and I know that's a big assumption)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2008&week=-1

Previously, Sabonis was elig for ROY when debuted 10 years after being drafted, so can't see why Oden would be different.

Reply #173423 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yep, he can. Just like Luis Scola this year being considered a rook. He was drafted back a few years ago.

Reply #173424 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze was the oldest rookie @ 33 yrs old I think he was when he played with the 99 Championship Spurs.

Reply #173430 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

No one asked about Andrew Gaze, nor the age of a Rookie - but more so of "Can Greg Oden win ROTY next season". but nah your point was well made....

Reply #173435 | Report this post

he won't win it though, Michael Beasley FTW

Reply #173436 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

would Gaze have been a rookie in 98-99? considering he played for Washington in 93-94 ?

Reply #173443 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Gaze was a rook in 99 cause he was only on two 10 day contracts in 94 with the bullets

Reply #173474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, he will be eligible for the award next season. Whether he can win it or not though obviously will depend on how he recovers from Microfracture and how well Beasley, Gordon et. al. perform. Also this is assuming he doesn't make an early return this season to help the Blazers make a run in the playoffs, as has been mentioned but is unlikely.

Reply #173524 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

^^^ I guess it's kinda off topic, but I really hope they don't do that. I can't see Portland making a whole lot of niose if they do manage to sneak into the playoffs. It would be a shame to see him come back too early and then have any unnecessary set backs, like Amare had.

Reply #173526 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754