TR
Years ago

NBA Trade News

With the trade deadline nearly upon the teams, the Atlanta Hawks have come from no where and stolen Mike Bibby.

The Hawks send Tyronne Lue, Anthony Johnson, Lorenzon Wright and Shelden Williams to the Kings for Bibby...

Very good trade for Atlanta. They now have a starting PG. They have a nice starting 5 and a great 6th man in Chill and a nice 7th man in Zaza. Might get to the stage where people should take notice of the Hawks.

Bibby
Joe Johnson
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Al Horford

Great deal for the Hawks. They didnt lose a member of there core and added a top PG.

Topic #14684 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

for agreeing to come to atlanta.our first point guard since mookie blaylock

Reply #173463 | Report this post

just imagine how good Atlanta would be with Chris Paul

lol

Reply #173465 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

I think you'll find Joe Johnson's % will lift now! He is a natural SG forced to play PG. Good trade for the hawks!

Reply #173467 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

great trade. Now only if devin george would stop being soft and take it on the chin that no one at dallas (including me)wants him there and let j-kidd come back to where it all started.

Reply #173468 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Great trade for the Hawks. Joe Johnson's game will clearly improve.

I also wish George will quit crying and allow the Jason Kidd trade to happen.

Reply #173469 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Bolks and Champ33.....If you were George, would you go from Dallas, a team thats most likely going to advance past the 1st round or the Nets who are quite basically going to make the playoffs with a less than .500 record??

Id pull out all stops not to be traded as well

Dont get me wrong, Kidd is a great PG, but whats he got left in the tank.....2 more seasons

Devin Harris is 24 and a PG of the future for the Mavs

Reply #173477 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

With George, I don't think it's even about results. Doesn't Dev have a ring?

If he gets traded, his Bird rights dissapear, and that makes him a whole lote harder to sign as a free agent (eventhough he is probably only a min. wage player). It's business move on his part, and we all know that the NBA is nothing but these days.

Reply #173481 | Report this post

Devin will be average for the rest of his career. and plus with stackhouse saying he wants to go back to Dallas there's an inquiry now, so he might not be able to resign. So that deal's off. I dont think Kidd's going anywhere

Reply #173485 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Stern has already said Stack's comments were nothing to worry about.
An interesting angle is that George's agent also represents Hassell who is getting no court time and may want to go to NJ to back up Vince.
So he maybe trying to force the inclusion of Hassell instead of George.

Reply #173548 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Thorn doesn't want Hassell. Hassell has two years left on his contract paying him $8.6 mill left on his contract ($4.3 mill per season).

Reply #173552 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Your right NJ wouldn't want Hassell, but they can't really pull out of the trade and expect Kidd to play nice boy afterward.
I could see Harris getting over it but Kidd would spit the dummy. I could see a lot of migraines in his future until he was traded.

So Dallas has a bit of an advantage and could try to force NJ to take Hassell. It would even the trade up a bit, but I still don't know why Dallas is giving up 2 1st round picks.

Reply #173554 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

As for the Atlanta trade, IF Bibby stays fit then it is a steal for the Hawks.
A good PG was the final piece for this insanely athletic team. Bibby could average 10 assists on Alley-Oops alone. I could see them finishing 5th or 6th.

Reply #173555 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Super that Harris is the point guard of the future. Dallas window for a championship is the next two seasons. Get KIDD. Please.

Reply #173623 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754