TR
Years ago

NBA Trade: Big Ben Wallace a Cav

According to ESPN News, the Cavaliers have acquired Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak in a three-team trade.

The Bulls receive Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, and Cedric Simmons, while Seattle gets Chris Duhon, Ira Newble and Donyell Marshall.

The deal is currently under league review.

If this deal goes down, this makes the Cavs much tougher....

Link

Topic #14743 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

It looks like Gerald Green is now also a Rocket. The Rox gave up Kirk Snyder and a second-round draft pick to get Green.

Good trade for the Rockets........

Reply #174195 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wallace hasn't been doing much recently, so how much impact will he really have?

Wonder what other options were available to the Cavs? Was talking about this with Hoop Addict yesterday and they were saying that LeBron needs his equivalent of Jordan's Pippen, Grant and Cartwright. Ilgauskas does well, so that leaves two pieces to come and it's the Pippen option (a strong second star on the team) that will be hardest to replace. Should they have gone for Artest?

Reply #174196 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Cavs needed Marion!

Reply #174199 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I really like this trade for the Cavs. Whilst Big Z is a great offensive centre, his defence isn't all the good. Play Big Ben as the weakside defender just like in Detroit as I think you'll find he'll vastly improved.

I also think this move was to keep Lebron happy. The Cavs missed out in Bibby, Gasol etc etc and the Cavs really had to make a decent sized move.

Joe Smith is a great vet who's been puttin up good numbers, plus he's an expiring. West is a great young up coming point guard, and Wally World is okay when he's not injured. Wally and Booby floating on the three point line could be dangerous.

I think the Cavs covered the loss of Hughes, Marshall and Gooden pretty well. Hughes has had a good last 5 games of so (scored 40 the other week), and Gooden (what is the go with that beard!!!) is a double-double each game. Simmons did nothing so no loss there.

I don't think Artest would of put the Cavs in any better position. He's expiring next season is seems destined to end up a Knick. Artest, Zac, Nate (did anyone see the waterfight/towelfight on the Knicks bench the other night between Zac and Nate???) and Isiah all on the same team..... Bench of crazies.....

Reply #174207 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Found this link:

Larry Hughes

Reply #174214 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No, no, no.......

As if we hadn't had a shit enough year already, we trade away a massive contract for one just as big, plus we also trade the 2 "glue" guys we had in Griffen and Smith, and also Duhon who was playing well.
What do we get back? Shot happy player who cost us heaps, Simmons! And we made the Cavs a shitload better!

Damn!

Reply #174224 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

WTF!!!

Im ready to catch a plane to Chicago, find Paxson and sock him one in the eye. I can't believe chicago made another bad trade, what were they thinking!!!

Drew Gooden has the worst facial hair in the league and larry hughes is a spot up shooter who cant shoot!!

Imagine Noah and Gooden playing alongside eachother. That's just hideous....there goes ticket sales.

If your a bulls fan like me, there is only one soloution....go for the cavs

Reply #174251 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here is a link to the dummy spit between Zac and Nate... Pussies.... I'd at least like some punches thrown

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qPwAAn7FiGY

Isiah Thomas said he liked the "feistiness" and "nastiness" he saw in his team after the incident.

Reply #174259 | Report this post

PHD in shot  
Years ago

Great move for the cavs. cavs fans would be very happy!
add a gr8 defender and a rebounding machine.
good three point shooter and a good young guard.
gibson can play as a scoring point gaurd where as west can play the more traditional point guard spot and still put in a few points.

Bulls tough luck not the smartest trade

sonics pick up marshall who can be god off the bench 4 them

Reply #174267 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Seems like a good move for the Cavs, not sure it moves them upto the same level as the Pistons and Celtics in the East however.
More shooters and interior defense in exchange for Hughes and Gooden who never really showed it consistently. Delonte West is a nice pickup.

Who knows where the Bulls are trying to go. Almost everything they've done since the Chandler trade hasn't worked out well.

Seattle clear more cap space and get more picks.

Reply #174299 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think the biggest mistake the Bulls have made in recent times was trading away Elton Brand. Sure it landed them Chandler, but he's only become good with the Hornets. All the rot started with that trade.

Chandler traded for cap space so the Bulls could sign Ben Wallace.

Wallace then traded to the Cavs for Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, and Cedric Simmons.

What's next???? Pax trading Ben Gordon and Deng for a dead guy, a packet of cornflakes and a used dinger????

Time to go Pax....

Reply #174311 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

TR, I agree about Elton Brand, but that was Krause I believe.

Pax had not done too much wrong until now, who was to know Wallace would not be a factor, the year before he had a great year with the Pistons..

If the used dinger gets traded for, then it will be time to go Pax..

Reply #174313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are there normally this many big mid-season trades tades. First Gasol, then Shaq then Kidd and now this. Players move around in the NBA so much!

Reply #174316 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Your correct DB, it was Krause they made the trade. Looking at the draft class with hindsight paying a huge part, but just imaging if they combined Brand with J-Rich or Joe Johnson or Richard Jefferson or Gerald Wallace instead of taking Chandler and Curry.

There is an interesting read on nba.com. It highlighted the last 20 years or so of trade deadline trades. It's an interesting read. This year was the best for big named players being moved at the deadline.

http://www.nba.com/news/deadline_8708.html

Reply #174328 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

'Your correct DB, it was Krause they made the trade. Looking at the draft class with hindsight paying a huge part, but just imaging if they combined Brand with J-Rich or Joe Johnson or Richard Jefferson or Gerald Wallace instead of taking Chandler and Curry. "

I think I may cry...

Curry was the big mistake, Chandler was extremely sought after in High School, and has developed into a good defensive player. Curry has just made McDonalds open more franchises..

J Rich and Brand....sob sob....

Reply #174331 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Did Seattle make that trade to lose more games now that Miami are heading towards the lottery pick

Big trade.....could backfire on the Cavs

New faces, learning plays....in such a short span of time

Get ur money on the Lakers......with Bynum and Ariza back......we will win the Wild Wild West fella's

Reply #174382 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I only found this today, but the Sonics manage to wrangle three 1st round draft picks for Kurt Thomas.

They received 2 from the Suns for absorbing his contract and they collect another one from the Spurs in the recent trade.

Over the next three drafts the Sonics hold 7, yep 7 first round draft picks.

Reply #174390 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Sonics are all set for a move to Oklahoma then.

Reply #174397 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

TR, Gooden and Deshawn Stevenson of the Wizards have a bet going since the beginning of the season to see who can hold out the longest and not shave.

Reply #174422 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

How come I'm not surprise...

Those two guy are probably the only guys in the NBA that legally could be called tards... Gooden is lucky enough to be able to get his shoes on the correct feet and find his way out of the tunnel onto the floor...

Reply #174427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754