intrigued
Years ago

Geelong Supercats vs Reserves

I hear the Supercats are playing their Reserves team or have played their reserves team. Does anybody know anything? I know the Geelong people have taken a liking to our Hoops SA forum.

Have they got their STARS back lining up yet? What is the chances of an upset? Who plays in their Reserves?

Topic #14750 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats played GABA BigV team last night. Both teams were missing one or two players.

Result went as you would expect.

Reply #174289 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

any details on who actually played ? coached ?

Reply #174296 | Report this post

oldcat2  
Years ago

Bridgewater played for Supercats. Supercats still missing Meyers, Hill and Herbert. They won easily as expected. Supercats shot the lights out and Brad was just too big against a VBL DIV 1 team. Both teams better for the run.

Reply #174298 | Report this post

just_the_facts  
Years ago

Supercats up 93 to 36 at the half, wound the scoreboard back to 50-36 and still won by 50. 9, yes nine, techs called on the Big V. Harro had 35 for cats. Bridgewater and Herbie played for Supercats.

Reply #174300 | Report this post

just_the_facts  
Years ago

Update. No Herbert after all he's OS on holiday.

Reply #174303 | Report this post

kitkat2  
Years ago

Old Cat2:
Did Hutchinson play? How is he looking for this season?

Harrison had 35, WOW! Thats prob his biggest game for years. I hope he can put together a consistant season, he has never really played a key role in any of the teams he has played for at SEABL level and VBL level so it will be good for him to be involved as a key to the gaba cats this year. Wish him the best on a consistant year.

So did Herbert play or not?

How the hell did the S'cats score 90 Points in a half!?!? Were the VBL guys charged uniform points and late points!?

Reply #174307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Leader coached Supercats

Aaron Green coached GABA Cats (Copeland still has not worked with "his" team)

Is it true he is getting $25K??? Not a bad gig, no trials, no pre season, no practice games, hell he didnt even pick the group!! Hope he turns up to a game or two for that kind of money.

I know he is busy with 36ers, that is not the point. If $25K is right GABA are crazy!!!

Reply #174310 | Report this post

intrigued  
Years ago

I heard Hutchison had a stand out game last week in another 19 point loss. Had over 40. Who is this Harrison guy. Can he play? Where did he come from and why isn't he playing in the Supercats? Is he just a young kid?

Reply #174317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats
Leonard, Cox, Wu, Meddy, Fish, KVP, Rod, George, BB.
Missing Herbert, Myers and Hill but lose BB

GABA
Hutch, Suchanek, Beugie, Harrow, Romy, Byworth, Price, Brown, Wes, Pete, O'Neil.
Missing Seb & Murph

Supercats just to good, as you would expect. SEABL and BigV Div 1 are poles apart.

Reply #174319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaba make some very interesting decision at present.
Desperate times = desperate measures

Reply #174321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harrison has been around a long time, sat on Supercats bench last 3 years, was on NW Tas bench the year before that.

Young guys that should be pushing for Supercats from GABA team are Brown, Suchanek & Murphy. Dunlop and Friend who are at College would be in there as well.

Loader, Harrison and Hutchison could suit up for Supercats this year as well.

Reply #174323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard of Big Loader and Hutchison but not Harrison. Is he good enough to play quality minutes in SEABL? What are his stats? Wasn't Brown playing with Supercats last season aswell as their import Jamal Brown? Why has he stepped down? I just read Hutchson is a little bit oldr than the rest of hem. Why doesn;t h make the most of it and play in the SEABL while he still can.

Reply #174327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Murphy is lucky to make the Big V team, SEABL too far above his game, by a bit.

Reply #174333 | Report this post

just_the_facts  
Years ago

Harro is building a business and cannot commit to the training required of the Supercats. Brown has stepped down also to give him time to concentrate on his career. Hutch and Seb could probaly still get a game with Supercats if motivated. Rod O'Brien is unlikely to remain with Supercats and is just making up numbers at training.

Reply #174341 | Report this post

just_the_facts  
Years ago

BTW They are the Geelong Cats Big V Division 1 team. There are some on here who would spit in your eye for calling them the Supercats reserves ;-)

Reply #174343 | Report this post

bb  
Years ago

Bridgewater signed with warrnambool I think

Reply #174367 | Report this post

Just guessing  
Years ago

I am a big fan of "Loader" but he has no left hand and not a lot of range on his jumpshot. Thoughts?
And Hutch is not a team player. It is hot potato every time Hutch touches the ball. I think that will lead to chemistry problems with the Cats this year

Reply #174370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hutch, Loader and Brown could easily play SEABL this year and if GABA Div1 team were not going ahead most likely would have. Harrison would remain deep on the bench and is better suited to playing down a level.

Reply #174372 | Report this post

Just guessing  
Years ago

I think Hutchie and the Load are too one dimensional. Got to work on the "D" boys.

Reply #174405 | Report this post

oldcat2  
Years ago

Hutch and Loader will take your views on board i'm sure quessing "NOT". Haro will have a good year i believe. This TEAM is raw and several guys have never played rep ball before. From all games played so far TEAM D is the problem and having no Copes dosent help.

I also believe Supercats will still be a force in the SEABL. Cox and Owusu will get greater minutes and it will be interesting to see Herberts development.

Reply #174428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting views just quessing. I saw Hutchison and Loader in National Finals in 06. If it wasn't for these two guys Supercats would not have won the title. Against Southern Districs Leonard was getting killed by Southerns point guard and it was Hutchison who shut him down. Loader destroyed Van Derjack (dont know how to spell his name). Depends what teams these guys play on depends on what game they bring i believe. Hutch in ABA was a back up point who was brought in to extend the defence and pick up the tempo. In VBL games i have played in with him he has been our two guard. He is there to score points and create for his team mates. Granted he can go off the rails a bit but what two guard cant. He is a bit older now and lost a bit of his first step but when on, unstopable. He will have a good all round year in the VBL. Seb will kill teams if he stays healthy. Again getting a little older and his body taking longer to recover.

Reply #174430 | Report this post

Just guessing  
Years ago

The weakside rotations are just too slow. They give up too many layups. Have some pride on the defensive end boys. Copes or no Copes the "D" should be better.

Reply #174431 | Report this post

oldcat2  
Years ago

100% agree with comment on the defensive end. Pride on individual D is a concern.

Reply #174437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harrison will really find it difficult. Carrying probably 10kg too much. HAs lost his quicks and needs to be naked to make a shot. I hope he does have a good year for he is a nice guy but probably doesn't have what it takes anymore.

Some of the selections in the reserves team seem a little suspect. Some of the names are exacly that and are not players anymore.

Reply #174458 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

interested did rob liebich make the cut - very talented young local cat

Reply #174520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In group, not sure how much he will play.

Reply #174526 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754