Ingles13
Years ago

Harvey, Black or Penney?

After watching the first 2 playoff games, Ive come to an interesting question.

Who would you take out of James Harvey, Stephen Black or Kirk Penney??

All 3 are deadly outside shooters and have strong drives to back up their shooting. So who do you think is better??

Topic #14753 | Report this topic

INTRIGUED  
Years ago

I think Penney is the pick of the lot. He has a more rounded game and is extremely explosive. A handy height and uses it well. Harvey is probably the purest shooter and black the most controlled but Penney seems to use everything he has extremely well.

Reply #174344 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good topic.

I would definitely take Penney, however I also like Black (pesky defender and a shooting machine - 4/5 threes until half-time last night).

I consider Harvey to be a bit of a gun-for-hire and there are often hints around that Black isn't always loved by all team-mates.

With Maher disrupted from injury, I think Penney is the top AU/NZ shooting guard in the NBL.

Reply #174347 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac

As you said, Black is probalby a better up the court defender, by giving opposition PG's a hard time getting the ball over the half way line without committing a TO. Harvey and Penney both have bigger bodies and Penney is great moving off the ball in offence.

Reply #174348 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

penny any day of the week, good allround player and a pure shooter as well

Reply #174357 | Report this post

Number21  
Years ago

Penney.

Reply #174366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And plus black apparently is a tool who isnt liked by team mates

Reply #174409 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

+1 for Penney

Reply #174419 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

Yeah interesting,

i have only ever seen Black play in a team where the offence revolves around/through him...

I think Penny gives you more versatility offensively.

Reply #174421 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Penney is not only a great shooter, but a smart baller!
Harvey can have his stone cold moments.
Black just annoys everyone! can get it done though, especially with the mentioned pesky defence.

Reply #174429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754