B Newley

The remaining 2 spots would be decided from:

G Saville
J Harvey
D Mee
AJ Ogilvy
N Jawai
J Ingles

I can't see Jingles making the cut, and only 1 of Ogilvy and Jawai could join the team. Another guard is needed and Im would therefore narrow it down to Harvey and Mee. Saville to miss out.

Reply #174452 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

No mention of Neilson, but there is of Melmeth? Seriously, why is Ben getting so much love lately? It's disturbing...

Jack, which Hill are you mentionng there? I can't think of one that's close to Boomers selection.

My team's been pretty much the same for the past couple of years, and right now it's:

Bogut/Anstey/(one of)Ogilvy, Jawai or Maric
Anderson/Neilson
Mackinnon (if he's healthy)/Worthington
Newley/Smith
Bruton/Bruce/Mills

Reply #174462 | Report this post

jack juniper  
Years ago

mick hill mate is who im talken bout.

i will support china if we pick jason smith in our team or for that matter any kings player besides worthington.

yeah forgot bout newley or shooting guards should be harvey and newley with barlow perhaps playing the 6th man role sf etc..

also i would pick jawai over ogilvy for the age factor but they would play pf cause we already named 3 centres in anstey, melmeth and bogut. which would start centre out of those 3?? perhaps anstey for experience but alternate him with melmeth and bogut throughout game so they have around equal mins each.

Reply #174464 | Report this post

opal love  
Years ago

can i throw in cam rigby's name as an option coming off the bench..

Reply #174467 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Melmeth shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread, nor for a spot on the Boomers. I also don't want anything to do with Hinder. I'm stick of tired of the old guard stinking it up. Jason Smith can bugger off, Saville can follow him.

Mick Hill.... WTF.... and please tell me you pick up the crack pipe when you mention Neville and Joyce.

I don't think Bruce and Ingles have done enough to warrant selection. We can only take one naturalised player, and I'm taking Mee over Redhage.

My squad for Beijing would comprise of:

1 Guard:
Mee: I think the need for a long PG is a must in international ball. I think we also need his defense and length on the oppositions 2 guard.

CJ Bruton: We need his shooting and basketball IQ

Mills: We need his speed and youth

2 Guard:
Newley: Athleticism and his offensive game. Fingers crossed the Euro game he's been playing has seen him improve.

Worthington: Probably out of position at the 2, but I'd take him before Goorj's left shaved testicle aka Jason Smith.

Small Forward:
McKinnon: Great rebounder at the 3 which the Boomers will need. Also brings a lot of experience

Barlow: I like his length at the position, especially on the defensive end. That length will be required to guard the likes of Kobe and Lebron etc.

Power Forward:
Neilson: Doing well in Europe, plus there isn't really any Australian powerforwards doing well in the NBL to replace him with. His experience would be good. His outside shot could be handy.

Andersen: Same as Neilson. Still a top notch big man in Europe. (Why are the Hawks being soooo cheap with Andersen???)

Centre:
Bogut: Best bigman we have, without question.

Anstey: Hope he grows some balls and makes himself available. Need his size and experience. I guess Andersen could slide to the Centre and we could take another PF like Maric.

Jawai: Raw strength and power, plus needs to demonstrate to scouts he's ready for the next step.

Reply #174468 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

ben melmeth and mick hill? anybody picking them to play on a boomers team obviously knows f*ck all about basketball.

Reply #174473 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I like TRs team, would James Harvey or Damien Ryan be worth having as the back up SG??? i guess you would have to leave out either Worthington or Barlow for one of them, i probably wouldnt mind too much seeing Harvey in for Barlow and Worthington as the back up SF.

Reply #174478 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

A Bogut
D Andersen
C Anstey
S Mackinnon
CJ Bruton
M Worthington
P Mills
A Bruce
B Newley
AJ Ogilvy
N Jawai
J Ingles

Has versatile bigs who can muscle up and run the floor. Guards/forwards who can shoot from outside and also get to the ring. Putting the younger guys in there will help them grow alot more, and also develop the squad for the next few olympics.

Reply #174580 | Report this post

wah!?!  
Years ago

melmeth, joyce, neville. hill....???????????

wtf are u smoking mate

Reply #175400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I say...

Bruton/Mills/Mee
Newley/Barlow
McKinnon/Saville/Worthington
Anderson/Neilson
Bogut/Anstey

options...

Bruce/Markovic/Gibson
Harvey/Ryan/Kendall
Ingles/Holmes
Kickert/Maric/Redhage
Ogilvy/Jawai/Schenscher

Thats 26 players who are genuine options for international basketball. Future looks good.

Reply #175405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754