2008WF
Years ago

2008 Winter Fixture

.........and the 2008 winter fixture is......where? Having already been put back 4 days, hopefully it will be released sometime tonight.

Topic #14805 | Report this topic

Nothing changes  
Years ago

Pigs might fly as well!!!

Reply #174797 | Report this post

no doubt some of the relegated or not promoted clubs are digging heels in causing delays.

Reply #174801 | Report this post

under a proposed pro / rel - system of lower div premiers being offered a promotion - torrens valley would have qualified for u14 and u16 div 1 boys for winter.

this would have been a selling point and an opportunity to attract better players for t valley.

yet because a dynamic system is not allowed this will never happen.

so torrens valley - div 2,3,4,5 for life !

Reply #174803 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Can you hear that ? That's the sound of us all weeping for you.
Just continue in your PURSUIT of excellence, and i'm sure if you deserve it, you'll eventually get div 1 teams ... right guys ? guys?!
*sounds of crickets chirping*

Reply #174812 | Report this post

2008WF  
Years ago

BASA/BSA should have never allowed non member clubs to enter the district comp. Western Magic, Torrens Valley, Northern Rattlers should never have been allowed to enter clubs.

Reply #174831 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

With 3 kids - 2 playing on Friday nights and another doing swimming it would be useful to know what the fixtures are some time in advance so I can forward plan...coz it is still not up

Reply #174874 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Ease up...there's still 3 days to go!!! (insert sarcasm)

Reply #174910 | Report this post

Virtual Showtime  
Years ago

I think you need to realise that clubs will be pushing to add teams and withraw teams up till the last minute. If the clubs took more responsibility and locked in their teams for the Winter season, the draw would have been up last week.

Reply #174930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thursday is up

Reply #174931 | Report this post

Dog 14  
Years ago

That's great for the whole 3 grades that play on Thursdays!

This is either 1) the fault of the clubs not getting their nominations in on time or 2) another instance of BSA incompetence.

If the latter is the case, then nothing much has really changed from previous administration. If the former is the case, then they should introduce fines for clubs putting nominations in/withdrawing teams beyond a certain date.

Reply #174940 | Report this post

frangipani  
Years ago

come on, come on, people need to make plans. If our team is at Port Adelaide, there goes the fringe show I bought tickets for, etc etc. Not the whole world stops for basketball, you know, here it is a couple of days before and NO INFORMATION ON FIXTURES!!

Reply #174976 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Not the whole world stops for basketball, you know.
BURN THE HERETIC! BUUUURN THEM! Purge the Evil with Fire!!!

Seriously, even though I have no social life and therefore no other plans hanging on the publication of the schedule, I don't find the current situation acceptable either. Not everyone has access to teh interwebs, and it would be good if the coaches could tell all the parents once at their training sessions and well in advance of the game time, instead of finding out after their last training session and doing a last-minute ring-around to make sure everyone knows when and where their first game is.

Reply #175018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754