kwame brown
Years ago

I don't like Russell Hinder

hate this player hope if kings die he doesnt get a good contract with another club.

only player in league i dont like.

soo glad he didnt make NBA ay only aussie im glad who didnt.

Topic #14819 | Report this topic

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

only player u dont like? *cough cough* MARK WORTHINGTON *cough cough* . Maybe they could start there own team the Sydney "Floppers & Cheapshots"

Reply #174901 | Report this post

Betty Leadfoot  
Years ago

Hate is a pretty strong stance. What has this person ever done to you to deserve this?

Reply #174904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the way Mark Worthington plays (and i'm a die-hard 36ers supporter).

did anyone catch highlights of the perth v sydney last night? There was a great clip of wortho chasing down a break and pinning the shot on the glass. Great work rate, it's what you'd expect of all players.

I'd happily take Wortho and Hinder from sydney. For the right price, i'd also take Kendell.

Reply #174905 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Anon i have to say that i do like parts of Wortho's game however he is way flop prone which IMO make him a poorer player.

Hopefully he and Crosswhite play like men and not fall down at the slightest touch.

They got some calls last night at crucial parts of the game as inexperienced refs fell for their acting.

At one point Mildenhall was telling Wortho to get up when the ref on the other side called an offensive foul on Redhage for a push that was not there.

Some people think it is part of the game i think it is boardering on the line of cheating as players are deliberatly decisiving the refs

Reply #174911 | Report this post

OohAhhEre!  
Years ago

Agree Anon.

Also I find that Crosswhite flops a lot however worthington actually moves his feet and gets in a position that draws real contact....his fake flops are rare IMO

Reply #174913 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

I think the more relevant incident involved Worthington's DELIBERATE ELBOW to the vicinity of Redhage' chin/neck. No wonder Redhage reacted. Unfortunately, given the experience of the referees on the game, it was not called an Unsportsmanlike Foul (at the least) or a Disqualifying Foul (at the worst). Andrew Gaze on the commentary was disgusted at the use of the elbow and even Steve (I love the Kings) Carfino agreed that it was out of line. IMO the Kings are the greatest team of whingers in the NBL (closely followed by the Tigers). On the commentary you could hear Bill Mildenhall tell BJ Carter to keep his nose out of other peoples business and Carter almost appeared to laugh at him. The Kings are arrogant and think that they can do whatever they want on a court and when they get caught or are challenged by the referee's they whinge. Crosswhite has also joined the club and I'm sure that his father Rocky would be unhappy about his behaviour given the way he played the game for Melbourne and Australia. Someone (NBL or Referees boss) needs to pull the Kings into line, but, as long as the NBL and BA believe that basketball revolves around Sydney and the Kings NOTHING will ever happen.

Reply #174958 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Who does love Hinder

Reply #174992 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jason Smith?

Reply #174994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes a funny guy, met him last night at a school basketball dinner.

Reply #186535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754