A elaide 36ers
Years ago

What about Kelvin Sampson for Sixers?

Sorry this is a stupid thread but I had to do it. The best coach on the market at the moment is disgraced Indiana coach Kelvin Sampson and I think you could (dare I say it) tie it in with a mobile phone sponsorship. He has no chance of getting a job in th US and is someone who will breaks the rules when needed. Sampson would be great to throw at salary cap cheat GOORG! Why not try??

Topic #14839 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I had to look him up. Here's the reason he got canned:

Sampson played a role in the controversial recruitment of star player Eric Gordon, who signed with Indiana after reneging on an early verbal commitment to the University of Illinois. Sampson was criticized by fellow coaches for failing to communicate with Illinois coach Bruce Weber about the recruitment, and some observers said that Sampson's recruitment of the verbally-committed Gordon was unethical.

In addition to the Gordon incident, Sampson has been in the middle of a number of other controversies. Under Sampson's watch, Oklahoma was placed under a three-year investigation by the NCAA for recruiting violations. At the end of the their investigation, the NCAA issued a report citing more than 550 illegal calls made by Sampson and his staff to 17 different recruits.

Reply #175080 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

A coach that actually shows interest in his team that is something we need!

Reply #175081 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, good call, at least he's hot on the whole recruiting thing! I think it's classic that after finding himself in serious hot water a few years ago for illegal recruiting (and losing his job at the time I think) he's come out and been done for doing exactly the same thing in his new role, and not just one or two sneaky calls, no less than 550 calls!

He's obviously got a brilliant basketball brain but almost zero common sense, how he thought he could get away with it is almost laughable.

Reply #175107 | Report this post

Rodney carney  
Years ago

Appaerently this sort of stuff goes on al the time... apparently

Reply #175119 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

He'd make a great Pro Coach, no NCAA 'Big Brother' all over your shoulder 24/7.

He's never suited college as he always has cheated... would be excellent at the head of a pro team... can get on his cell all he likes.

Reply #175147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754