cheezeburger
Years ago

Horford a lock for ROY

the big hawk has his name on the trophy.and no durant doesnt even come close.

Topic #14869 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know points aint everything but I'm just curious how durant is scoring nearly 20ppg in his rookie season and isn't considered rookie of the year.

Reply #175426 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

As if! Durant should win it. You put Horford in Seattle and see how many games they would win.

Reply #175431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why are players always partly judged by the amount o win their team has. Isn't this the most valuable "ROOKIE" not most valuable team. The team should have nothing to do with it. Pisses me off when people say "you classify someone as "great" because they haven't won a ring. It's just stupid.

Reply #175437 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Exactly it should be judged mainly on who is the better player and Durant is the better player by far. If the Sonics where to offer Durant for Horford, Hawks would do it in a second.

Reply #175439 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I wouldn't say it's a lock, but I think Horford has a very good chance of taking it out. My money is still on Durant, but Horford was been very good.

Any chances of another duel ROY like Kidd/Hill.

Reply #175444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Charles Barkley was saying during the rookie game on all-star weekend that if Horford doesn't win it then there is something seriously wrong with the ROY deciding procedure. Not sure I agree with him though. I also heard the TNT crew say that Durant is one dimensional at this stage. I've only seen him play one game, can someone of explain what makes him one dimensional? Thanks.

Reply #175451 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

People really need to look at more than box scores when evaluating Durant vs Horford. Durant has only one year of college, straight into the league and is then told he has to carry the offense on a team which has traded away all his help to build for the future in a new city. Horford has the extra time in college and comes onto an up and coming team where all he has to focus on rebuilding and defense. Alot easier introduction to the league in my opinion. No other rookie in the league would average 20 a game in seattle. I'd have no problem with a dual award between the 2

Reply #175459 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

rebounding*

Reply #175460 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Durant to take it out with ease for me

Reply #175466 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

My pick before the season started was dark horse Al thornton from the clipps. Especially with Elton Brand out for a season i thought he could even wind up in the starting role due to their lack of depth but he is only getting 20 minutes a game.

If he had the same amount of game time as durant and horford he would most certainly be up there for ROY aswell. according to nba.com he has averaged somewhat around 17 points and 6 rebounds in his last 5 games.

We should also see Scola get better numbers due to more minutes from the injury of Yao.

I think dual rookie of the year is ideal at this point in time as i can even make a decision myself as to who deserves it more. Durant has some stinker numbers here and there though (4/17 fg today) but that is expected when you have a rookie with minimal experience as your go to guy.

watch out for al thornton though, he has serious game and should be a star within the next cuple seasons.

Reply #175472 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

"Durant to take it out with ease for me"

Posted by Fezlington today

That shows you only look at the flashy stuff. Horford is a double double guy and plays D. Horford is number 1 in NBA.com rankings.

Reply #175475 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

why should durant get it.he shoots the ball 25 times a game and hits maybe 7 shots.

Reply #175479 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Durant will probably end up with it, but I wouldn't shocked nor worried at all to see Horford end up winning.

Reply #175481 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Horford is shooting 6% etter tha Durant and is getting 6 more boards a game. Horford's not scoring as much as Durant but that is because he not chucking the ball up every time he gets it. And anyway, Horfords on a double-doulbe. Horford deserves it more and should win it

Reply #175495 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754