Anonymous
Years ago

ABC centres and the Dome

Is Eddie Groves ABC Child Care Centre financial problems going to impact on the Dome?

Topic #14876 | Report this topic

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

It already has - Remember the `New scoreboard installed by December' promise at the start of the season ?
Ever wondered where the new sound system is ?

Reply #175507 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

thought the sound was in, it was much improved sound quality to the previous year i thought

but yeah wheres the score board

Reply #175508 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

When Eddy bought the dome, it was mentioned that the naming rights had expired and would be renamed and some renovations would be done. Now that ABC learning centre will be sold, there will be some effect, like a new owner of ABC learning centre being Singapore Government or Mcquarie bank. It is only a very small part of a billion dollar business, world wide.
Also, only in my opinion, wealthy SA business man, Sam Shahin, who loves basketball and the sixers, would be an interested buyer, if need be.

Reply #175509 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

I thought we received a communication that the new scoreboard was purchased and was just waiting for a 3 week window of opportunity to install it? Must have been dreaming!

Reply #175510 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sound system is there but not installed. Video cube on hold.

Reply #175512 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

The certificate of title for the Dome site is under Eddies name not one of his companies, so ownership wouldn't change if ABC was bought out - unless of course he needs more funds and puts it up for sale.
Anyone want to go halves ?
Good place to garage the Ferrari Isaac, just be sure to surround it in a circle of ratsak.

Reply #175516 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ferrari and rat joke combined. I don't think there is an icon worthy of handing out for that. Maybe if you could find another 1,000 owners to share the burden, I might be useful.

Reply #175518 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

I do my best :)

Reply #175520 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

if only shirley had mentioned the teams age :)

Reply #175525 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

The sound quality has been improved.....

because it sounds like the damn thing has been turned down a bit. I must be getting old, because when 'Jump Around' comes on my ears almost explode.

Reply #175536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if eddie goes under dont worry about the dome the, worry about the team

Reply #175714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754