Kent Brockman
Years ago

Who is the bigger knob Anstey or Worthington?

First i will get the obvious Anstey coz he is taller joke out of the way.

They both flop on d, both throw elbows and both whinge and moan a lot to the refs.

After Anstey's actions to the crowd in Vegas last night i would think the NBL should fine him for bringing the game into disrepute. Imagine if this was the NBA and waht Stern would do if one of his stars acted like that.

Which player do you dislike the most. What i think is sad is that these two are most likely to be representing us in the Olympics.

Topic #14877 | Report this topic

James W  
Years ago

I actually thought he was getting boos because the Brisbane crowd were disrespectful...turns out it's the other way round.

My vote goes for Worthington...Anstey can be a bit annoying at times but what can I say, the man has the all around game to back it up. Wortho would throw a tanty over not getting enough passes for the 3 ball.

Reply #175533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ironic that Mick Hill of all people was crying about how Lampley was disrespecting their crowd.

Reply #175534 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Anstey for me....its such a shame that someone so talented can be so obnoxious. Not sure what happened to him as when he was a junior (in tennis) he was a great guy - success has certainly changed him for the worse

Reply #175542 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

The NBL must fine Chris for what he did last night. EVERY other league in Australia would fine and maybe suspend him for what he did.

Reply #175547 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Leyton Hewitt is also just as bad!!!
Anstey takes the cake in the NBL.
Remember Morrissey who used to play for Sydney? And what about Ray Gordon for the Tigers? They were far worse!

Reply #175548 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Anstey by a nose ...

Reply #175557 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

And what a nose it is, any pelican would be proud of it.

Reply #175563 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

How about we throw the other wanker in there from the Kings..Hinder, would get my vote!

Reply #175566 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Nice call Panther , how bout throwing Anstey and Hinder in the ring and let them peck each other to death . Certainly bring a new dimension to cock fighting .

Reply #175568 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Id also like to add Jason Smith's name to this list.

Reply #175572 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Just to put a damper on you guys.

Anstey is a great guy.....I must admit, even I've poked crap at him about his on court behaviour, but suggesting he is not a nice bloke is just wrong.

Ray Gordon? That guy was a complete psychopath, on the court. I never met him but by all accounts another sensational bloke.

End of the day though, it's good for the game. Supporters get WAY more passionate about a sport when they have someone to hate. You guys had Rees, we had Dorge, Heal was hated wherever he played (another nice bloke), and plenty had problems with Vlahov, Jent was disliked by non-Giants supporters, Morrissey, Melvin Thomas, Grant Kruger, Simon Kerle... pretty much EVERY TEAM had one.

Now think about the state of the game when THESE guys were playing compared to now, where there's not that many guys disliked in the league.

Don't worry about the salary cap being improved, marketing being improved, sorting out the schedule or the finals programming.

If you want the NBL back to it's glory days.... BRING BACK THE HATE!!!

Reply #175573 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Kent,
You're right, if this was the NBA there would be no questions asked and the player would be instantly fined and possibly suspended. Given that it was Anstey, can you imagine the "Fat Controller" allowing the NBL to actually penalise him. If the NBL do anything at all I will indeed be surprised.
With regards to knobs/wankers, IMO the Kings and Tigers have the greatest percentage of players who whinge at any call or lack of call made by the officials.
The worst appear to be:
Kings -
Worthington, Crosswhite (he certainly didn't learn from his father), Smith, Carter, Hinder, Goorjian, Tomlinson and the Trainer (can't recall his name).
Tigers -
Anstey, Hoare, McDonald (seems to have got worse with age), Lampley (hasn't taken him long to get on the bandwagon), Barlow (brought it with him from the Kings), Thomas, Westover (unfortunately, because off court he's a nice guy) and the "Fat Controller" (he sits on the team bench, abuses referees and the crowd, and the NBL won't do anything about him).
I'm sure there are other players out there that whinge but the Kings and Tigers are IMO the worst.

Reply #175574 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

can someone put some footage up of Anstey's antics as I missed the game? would be appreciated - thanks

Reply #175575 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Basically after the win the Tigers huddled up and after they broke from the huddle Anstey gave the one finger salute with both hands in the air! Also while Carfino was interviewing Westover he was doing something else to taunt them as Carfino said something to Al and the crowd was going nuts!

Reply #175579 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Anstey has been fined $2000 by Chuck, if it was one finger would it have been $1000?

Reply #175582 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Kent,
I'm gobsmacked. Did not believe that the NBL would do anything.
Following is the statement from the NBL website:

The National Basketball League has issued a $2,000 fine to Melbourne Tigers player Chris Anstey for making an obscene gesture to the crowd following his side's Semi-Final Game Two win over the Brisbane Bullets at the Brisbane Convention Centre on Thursday night.

The Tigers defeated the Bullets 115-112 in overtime to sweep Brisbane 2-0 in the best-of-three series and advance to the HUMMER Championship Grand Final series.

Anstey was fined after NBL interim Chief Executive officer Chuck Harmison reviewed footage of his actions, which occurred following the conclusion of the overtime

Reply #175584 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

What happened to the blonde tool when he did it at The Powerhouse?

Reply #175587 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

he got a phone call from chuck saying right on my bleached out little dunny brush, way to stick to the bogan brigade .

Reply #175590 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

hinder is a wanker... but a bit off topic football nutters, anyone remember bryan taylor??

LOL

Reply #175605 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

#175534 Mick Hill has mellowed a fair bit in the last couple of years. It was his partnership with Kerle that made the 2 cheeky villains.

Reply #175657 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mark Jackson!

Reply #175664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the greatest thread ever haha

Reply #175669 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

With the sale of the kings the 36ers should look at Worthington one of the better 3 men in the league, would he be a knob then?????

SA basketball fans = fickle

Reply #175670 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Kenny - a knob is a knob wherever he's standing. Grant Kruger would still be a knob if he played here.

I'm a Power supporter and I still think Chad Cornes if the biggest fuckstick going. He's still going to tear apart the Crows this year, so I'm glad he's in the team.

Reply #175672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ANSTEY
I HATE THAT POOF

Reply #175676 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Worthington

Anon12.....Stephen Hoare??.....are u serious??

Reply #175759 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Worthington is officially the biggest flopper in the NBL coming in at 3.7 flops per minute followed closely by Russell Hinders 3.5 flops per minute

LAMPLEY = GUN

Reply #175790 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754