Kent Brockman
Years ago

Kings up for sale

"Due to business commitments surrounding the listing of Firepower, my family and I lived in Europe for the majority of last year and will continue to be based there for the foreseeable future," Johnston said.
"And if I can't be an active, hands-on owner, I would like to pass ownership to people who can, as I see this as an integral part of a successful club."

Anyone got a $1 ?

Topic #14878 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Halves Kent, I'd pay 50 cents?

Reply #175556 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Deal done Bizzy

First point of business.

Mr Worthington please position yourself at the base line, now run.

Reply #175560 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Joined by Russel Hinder.

Reply #175564 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Ive got 2 bucks, will you throw in the 36ers and the pigs, wait..at this rate if we can get together a lazy $50, we could own the league.
:)

Reply #175620 | Report this post

John Ilhan  
Years ago

I've still got some money...I'd be crazy not to spend it!

Reply #175621 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Joined by Russel Hinder."

"AND TRY TO KEEP YOUR FEET UNDER YOU, FLOPPER!!!!!"

Reply #175643 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Stay classy #175621

Reply #175645 | Report this post

Fish E Man  
Years ago

Well Im prepared to bid $100.00 to take over the Kings;as long as I can dispand the organisation after they are mine.

Reply #175680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least $1mill in debt, last sold for $2mill, in six figure debt then as well. Would take a further investment of about $3mill a year to hold them steady, $4-5mill a season to even consider turning them around, guaranteed to make a significant 6-7 figure loss for a few years either way. Spending more on marketing than most NBL teams total overall annual budgets, but that's not enough to buy any advertising, even in local newspapers. In a market that is about to become far more crowded with the addition of a second A-League and 2nd AFL team. Possibility their current stadium, which costs $40K just to open the doors, will be demolished soon, leaving the team with the choice of either the 20K capacity Superdome, which costs at least twice as much to rent, or 4K capacity SSC (where the Pigs currently play), which resigns you to monkey sport status for 20 years, stadium being old, small and 20K away from the CBD. Winning coach and half the players a good chance to walk as soon as they legally can. No media attention. No guarantee even game results will be published/reported, let alone proper news/stories. Certainly not on tv ever, not even results. 8 NRL teams, 1 AFL team to become 2 AFL teams, 1 A-League team to become 2 A-League teams. 1 Super 14 team. Millions and millions behind all of them. Toughest sports market in the world, toughest entertainment market in the country.

Welcome to Sydney. Any takers?

Reply #175710 | Report this post

Number21  
Years ago

Beware, you will not get your hard earned dollar back if you buy the Sydney Kings... Expect to put your house up for mortgage and declare bankruptcy several times. :-)

Reply #175728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would buy the kings, bring them to Adelaide and put Mal and everyone behind the scenes to shame.

two teams in Sydney has done only two things 1 force sydney to spend alot of money on building almost a new squad each season and 2, made every Sydney fan happy as Foxtel have some fixation on showing Sydney games even when the fixture would be nowhere near game of the week skills.

Reply #175730 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Id buy em, and sit Luke Kendall on the bench and start Draper

Luke Kendall is seriously over rated

Reply #175763 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754