DB5
Years ago

NBL wants everyone to just be friends.

The NBL has told Perth and Sydney to cool it after a spiteful game 2. They have then come out and said that Loghton will not be suspended after elbowing Glen Saville in what I believe was the same thing that Mark Worthington was suspended for in Game 1.

Story:
http://linky.com.au/m6ukz

Personally, I think it is good for the game to have that bit of "niggle" there, gets players pumped and playing hard IMO. Not a big fan of coaches pushing and shoving, (especially when someone has their back to you!) however it shows that everyone is trying to win..

Thoughts people? If the NBL is going to sanitize the sport like this, I see it going the way the cricket has this summer, report after report, he said this, he said that.

I would rather see players wear their heart on their sleeve, and what happens on the court, stays on the court.

Topic #14882 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Really don't think there was a ton in the Loughton incident. 1) he got fouled twice before doing it 2) it was really just an aggressive square up. I have no problems with it.

Worthington's was different - he lined him up with the intent of copping him one.

I've enjoyed a few of the games so far in the playoffs. Bris vs Melb last night was a great game, with two talented teams going at it. I want to see the stars of the game go head to head & get the crowds involved. Guys like Lampley are good for the league.

The Perth crowd for their match vs Sydney was amazing IMO & created what appeared to be a fantastic atmosphere. The league needs villains - the more the better. Let's hope some Sydney-siders actually turn up to the game tomorrow & get into the game.

Reply #175596 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I reckon, and i aint been to Adelaide so dont take offence here, but the atmosphere at Challenge Stadium when i went to Perth a few months ago was the best in alot of years

I was once a Nth Melb Giants member (all my mates were members) and the Glasshouse was an amazing place for BBall

Perths atmosphere equalled that

Reply #175692 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Have been to both Challenge and to the Dome.

The comparison is intersting, both places are quite similar, very very supportive and pretty knowledgeable.

The MC at challenge is VERY loud..and carries the supporters, he tends to be as loud as the supporteters..but they really do get involved, passionate and do get loud.

The crowd at the dome is louder and tend to be more active for longer periods of the game, the floor shaking noise at the Dome is awesome also i think the extra crowd numbers makes the difference...the dome has 7500...challenge 4000.

Also the 36ers crowd tend to self generate more than the Cats.

If there is one thing i miss about adelaide...its the dome when the 36ers are coming back and the place is shaking under the passionate fans feet.

GO the 36ers in 08/09

Reply #175705 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754