Anonymous
Years ago

Torrents - Switching from PC to PC

Dear good folk of Hoops SA,

Can you please tell me: can you start a download on one pc and then continue from where you left off on a different computer? (Couldn't find any results on google). Thanks.

Topic #14907 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Nah postive you cant.

sorry

Reply #175850 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Theoretically yes, but you'd need the same IP address and the file to be transferred over also.

Not sure why you'd bother.

Reply #175856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah, don't worry, i wont bother.

thanks for the help guys.

Reply #175860 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think you guys are wrong. I have downloaded from one source then killed that connection and found it on another source and it checked if i had the file first and then kept writing to it. So I think it would be fine to move it from one computer to another one just as long as your downloading the same file.

Reply #175874 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I have done it with uTorrent no troubles what so ever. as long as you specify the save path to the path were the partly downloaded file is and DONT alter the file names in anyway. It will check the partly downloaded file and resume were it left off.

Reply #175890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so you copy the partly downloaded file onto your new computer under in the same folder on your new pc and it'll just recognize it's their and take off again?

Reply #175898 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #175908 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Shift the file and then reset the source, if you're using uTorrent. Haven't switched from one computer to another but often from one drive to another.

Reply #175937 | Report this post

Tangles  
Years ago

Nerds.............

Oh and I'm one of them. Yes it can be done but as the above nerds have stated you must copy file from first computer and place in the exact same file structure in the second computer as the first. No alteration can be made in that process.

Reply #176027 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754