Anonymous
Years ago

How is Brad Newley going?

Does any one know how Brad Newly going?

and if he is coming back next year?

Topic #14910 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

When will people come to terms with the fact that Brad Newley will most probably never play in the NBL again.

Reply #175873 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah but im still curious to know how he is playing....any direct links to the club he is playing for?

Reply #175875 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Check out the NBL website. They have a weekly review of the Aussies playing overseas. Brad's putting up about 12ppg at a good % and 4prg. And his team is doing nicely, also.

Reply #175877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are those number good enough to impress the Rockets and other NBA teams tho. I suppose that 12 ppg is Europe is worth more like 18 pgg in other leagues as the European leagues tend to be bogged down (boring!) half-court games and are 8 mins shorter. I think it's pretty well certain he'll play in the NBA Summer League for the Rockets and try and crack a roster spot in those games. Won't be easy tho, hopefully the Rockets don't draft anyone else who's decent and could take his place.

Reply #175886 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

dunno if heĀ“ll ever do much overseas

Reply #175915 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he's hitting from outside at 46% which is pretty impressive - one of the best scoring clips in the league.

Reply #175938 | Report this post

Brad  
Years ago

Pretty good thanks....yourself?

Reply #175985 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

The questions is will Goorjian make him choose between playing NBA Summer League and going to the Olympic training camp??
This could also affect the players that get drafted this year, ie Jawai

Reply #176000 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Performing well at Olympics will outweigh playing at summer camp. NBA scouts finally recognise how strong international basketball is and therefore value the results and performances at the Olympics and World Champs.

Reply #176005 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

But the NBA team will probably expect them to play the Summer League and then go the Olympics.
Were as Goorjian will say you have to come to my training camp or you aren't on the team.
I guess it all just speculation at this point but I seem to remember that Luke went through this for the World's team.

Reply #176012 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

LC, I don't see that as the case. For older guys who may not be on anyones's radar before the Olympics, sure. But if Brad can't perform well in the SL, then there's not much hope for him, IMO. If he is asked to play and says no, well what sort of message does that send to Houston?

Reply #176033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

houston just got gerald green as well, so i doubt he is pushing him out of that spot, though green does have little bbal IQ.

Reply #176059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ily brad <3

Reply #320642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754