Sturty6ers
Years ago

Chris Anstey to Detroit?

Detroit Pistons have made a approach to Chris Anstey to come to the team to fill a bench role during final part of the season and finals.

Topic #14916 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Did some digging and I believe this post to be TRUE.
The catch is that there is no way Anstey will leave until finals over.

Reply #176001 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

which is what...in just over a weeks time?

Prediction: he'll be in Detroit before the month is out.

Never know, might become the first Aussie since Longley to win an NBA title...

Reply #176003 | Report this post

ballin is life  
Years ago

how much would he be offered just for that roster spot?? Good on the big fella.

Reply #176004 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

If they come to terms, NBA minimum wage. 10 day contracts as needed...he will see out NBA finals.

Reply #176007 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

LC, as I understand it (and I could be wrong on this), the period with which to sign players to 10 day contracts has expired. So if they were to sign him, it'd need to be for the remainder of the regular season.

Reply #176011 | Report this post

DrewiesFan  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze got an NBA ring with the Spurs!

Also pistons wont be winning it.

Reply #176015 | Report this post

didnt someone give Stacker crap on this site for mentioning this on tv the other day.

The man is connected, Dragons need to take him, pitty he didnt apply for the Sixers job

Reply #176016 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Damn it! I knew as soon as I posted that, someone would post saying someone has won one since.

Oh well...nice work DrewiesFan =)

But yeah...I was just pointing out the possibility. Detroit is the only team in the East even remotely in contention for the title (as much as I love the 'big three' in Boston, there's no way they could have continued the momentum they had in the early season).

Reply #176019 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I disagree, I think Boston are in with a very good chance. It's great that they've added PJ Brown and Sam Cassell. Now they've got some good depth.

As much as I hate Chris Anstey it would be great to have another Aussie in the NBA. Also, mean I don't have see his ugly, elongated ass on when I watch Aussie bball. Will be a big loss for the NBL tho but the truth is, he's too good for this league.

Reply #176021 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Look for Anstey to thrill away crowds with his digital theatrics, as rehearsed during post-series win at Brisbane. :)

Reply #176022 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hoop Addict - I stand corrected as I think you may be right.
He would have to be signed for the rest of the season. Word is that he will be on the first flight for the US as soon as the NBL finals are over.

Reply #176029 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

"Digital Theatrics" love it Bo .
Think it may illegal to plug oneself on national TV mind you .

Reply #176030 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

i just hope detroit bans anstey from taking 3s, it pisses me off watching him launch like 5 a game when hes so shit at them lol

Reply #176036 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Haha. Connecting on three's at a healthy rate of 13.8% in his NBA career thus far.

Reply #176040 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

you have be kidding me. as a detroit fan i have to say no!!!!! couldnt care less he is an aussie. i care that he is a tool. your telling me they have no other options???? we dont need another big jacking up pretty threes. joey knuckles say NOOOOOOO!!!!

Reply #176060 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm just wondering did this information come to light before Theo Ratliff was waived by the Wolves???

I've read that Dale Davis was originally being looked at, but sucked at his physical, and shortly after Ratliff was waived.

Just wondering about the timing of all this..

Reply #176074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC - what is the NBA's mnimum wage in AUD that Anstey would be looking at??

Reply #176078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bout 1.3 million AUS???

Reply #176095 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

HoopAddict - the date has just passed where all non-guaranteed contracts become guaranteed for the remainder of the season, which might be what you are thinking of. There is no end date (to the best of my knowledge) for signing 10-day contracts, they can be signed any time during the regular season after January 5.

Reply #176096 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I may've gotten it the wrong way around - I remember reading something about 10 day contracts, and I thought it was that teams could no longer sign players to them, they need to sign for the remainder of the season. But, perhaps I read that 10 dayers are now available, as opposed to closed.

Either way, I doubt he'd fly out there for a 10 day contract (or 2). I'd suggest he'd be at least getting guaranteed coin for the rest of the season. He'd likely get the minimum pro-rata for the amount of time he's there.

Reply #176103 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

A player can only be signed to a maximum of two ten day contracts. After those two contracts the team either has to sign the player for the rest of the season or lose him.

10 day contracts happen after the trade deadline.

He would not be getting the full NBA minimum.

Reply #176106 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Would be very interesting to see how he goes in the NBA to say the least

Reply #176107 | Report this post

Rasheed36  
Years ago

Pistons already have a centre who shoots 3's with Sheed, don't need another. I'm all for seeing Aussies in the league, but don't wanna see Anstey on my team though.

Reply #176109 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

10 day contracts happen after the trade deadline.
Other way around. 10-day contracts can be signed from January 5 (or the first business date thereafter). The trade deadline is always a Thursday in late February.

10-day contracts' value are the pro-rated NBA minimum.

Reply #176121 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I belive there is an unknown clause in the nba which states ¨¨no team may compete without a 7 foot white guy¨¨ and the pistons got rid of brezec so they had to get anstey.

if you go out of your way to find a team that has no 7 ft white guy to discredit this post then you have no life.

Reply #176134 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

A quote on this site from a poster calling him/herself Moses Guthrie

"Anstey to the Pistons? Now we know why Stacker isn't seriously being considered for the 36ers' job. We've already had one coach on the weed ....."

Some people have it some poeple don't, Sturty you got it baby.

Reply #176175 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

It amazes me how easily people pass judgement on players about whether they can or can't play in this league or that.Basketball players are in one of two states, either working on their game and getting better or sitting on their duff getting worse. Change is all there is and to the degree you align with this determines your success.From this reasoning it is quite plausible for Anstey to crack the NBA again as it is for many players at all levels of competition. The phrase 'Leopards don't change their spots' is utter bullshit. Good luck to him.

Reply #176186 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Mantis has got it... I always get it the wrong way round...

Reply #176201 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It looks like Detroit just signed Theo Ratliff to a contract.

I wonder if this mean Anstey is no longer required, plus the Pistons don't have the roster space to sign him without waiving someone as Theo is the 15th person on the roster.

Reply #176489 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

curtley - im pretty sure the only 7 footer on the bobcats roster is Ryan Hollins and he aint white

Reply #176493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754