ballin is life
Years ago

ABL season just 11 days away!!

Of course everyone knows it's just around the corner, but how is everyone feeling about the upcoming 2008 season!?! I'm pumped and can't wait for it to get going.

I reckon this year will be one of the strongest years in CABL with many off season moves player-wise making the competition more evenly spread!!

Counting down to game #1...

Topic #14931 | Report this topic

lazy  
Years ago

im too lazy but i remember someone doing a prediction and games to watch thing...can someone do it again?
and yes i know im lazy!

Reply #176183 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I don't know if I would say player movements making the competition more even! Brad Bungey to Southern, making Eastern worse and Southern losing Hodges, Clarke, Bowley and Gerlach won't make them any better. That's 3 (should be 4) of Southerns starters gone for one Starter with Anger issues!
Forestville who were already strong pick up Gerlach and Pero which realistically only puts them closer to last years finalists North and Norwood, but puts even more distance between the top 3 teams to the rest of the comp. North picking up Reardon again only makes them stronger, so yeah you are right, it makes things even. Even between North, Norwood and Forestville, then even between the bottom three teams in Eastern, Centrals and Southern!!!

Prediction...
Forestville
North (May finish higher depending on how many games Dusty plays)
Norwood
West
Sturt
South
Woodville
Southern
Centrals
Eastern

Reply #176189 | Report this post

ballin is life  
Years ago

Clarke to Centrals, Bowley to Sturt will give the Tigers younger lads a chance to step up and prove themselves. Clarkey will obviously make Centrals a much stronger outfit and Bowley just adds another presence in Sturt's keyway!! Southern finally have two legit bigs, who are young and may go against them - but hopefully that tandem is just the beginning.

I agree in regards to Eastern though. Will Woodville be as strong as last year?? I'm predicting South to again upset a few of the teams expected to finish well above them.

Reply #176190 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That's been one of South's problems for the last 5 years or so ballin, love the challenge to play the higher placed teams and on occasions will knock them off, but when it comes to the bottom teams can become complacent and end up losing!
Southern's opportunity this year is to play some young kids, get them some experience for the future to come. The only challenge is keeping the heads on track and not allowing them to become too discouraged when they keep losing. May become a very good team over the next few years...

Reply #176194 | Report this post

not so lazy  
Years ago

Hard to look past North. With or without Dusty. Have had the wood over Forestville since Schuller took over too.

I heard over the weekend that Big Paul Rees is playing with Woodville, if true will make them a little better with his experience.

I think Grand final rematch this year but same result.

North
Norwood
Forestville
Sturt
West
Centrals
Southern
South
Woodville
Eastern

Reply #176195 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So your obviously one of those players that have gone from Woodville to Centrals "not so lazy"??? Is that you Zane??? How can you seriously put Centrals up in 6th spot!? You also state that dding Paul Rees will help Woodville yet put them 2nd to bottom!!! He's obviously helping them from being bottom!!!

Reply #176197 | Report this post

Ricky Wong  
Years ago

Panther have you seen woodvilles bench or lack there off. Woodville will strugle . Centrals maybe not sixth but they will improve . Panther who have south added to replace Scanlon ? if no one south will also struggle.

North
Forestville
Norwood
West
Sturt

Southern
Centrals
South
Woodville
Eastern

Reply #176257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beware the Bearcats...

Reply #176260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

beware the beast who i have heard is suiting up for norwood!!

Reply #176269 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Simon O'Donnel is back to join his hairy back friend Sapwell????

Reply #176276 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Ricky, my point was more that "not so lazy" said that Rees will really help Woodville but still put them 2nd to last.
Scanlon has been replaced by Justin Halleran, who will fill some of the void left by Scans but other players will definitely need to step up for them to compete in finals.
It's good to have Kosmider back in the Panther's guernsey, let's just hope old man koko can stay healthy!!

Reply #176278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this Halleran bloke Panther? Can ya tell us a bit about him

Reply #176299 | Report this post

bebe  
Years ago

are the women in this competition as well?

Reply #176302 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

the woodville franchise out north - will improve - expect big year from reeves marty clarke provides out court leadership and the smarts with return couple former warriors the side has right balance of experience. Expect them to finish closer to top five - will push for a spot - will be the bigger improver - well drilled unit - clausen whitmore very stable coaching combination - lions are set to roar

Reply #176310 | Report this post

I think woodville are in with a shot I predict top 3 for them

Reply #176331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you gonna sit this season out again ELG?

Reply #176337 | Report this post

i didn't sit last year out, I was trying my luck in a superior div 3 league

Reply #176345 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

eastern women look very nicee.

top 4?

Reply #176349 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Why isn't Scanlon playing for South this year?

Reply #177115 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Currently backpacking the Northern Hemisphere

Reply #177122 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Top 5 wont change, maybe the order will tho. By adding Bowley and Shepherd I think Sturt are the smokies this year (assuming D. Ng plays the whole year).

Reply #177440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:22 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754