Topic #14940 | Report this topic

afroman jnr  
Years ago

http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=36032

or the video

Reply #176335 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

all he needed to do next was stand over him and say... you just got knocked the f*** out

Reply #176358 | Report this post

1 2 3  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWOk6slU_Y

Reply #176365 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

As long as he didn't tell him to "harden the f&*K up"

Reply #176369 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Lovely work DICKO ...

Reply #176378 | Report this post

Ms Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the streaker should be thankful that all he got was a shoulder from Symonds (and a huge fine to follow). If there wasn't thousands of people watching at the time and a stack of TV Cameras, he might have got the bat around his midriff too.

Well done Symonds.

Reply #176379 | Report this post

Ebi Ere  
Years ago

It would be ridicoulous if cricket australia did fine him etc. because at the end of the day, he did something which helped the game and the police for that matter.

Whats this world coming to?

Telling people off for doing a good deed

Reply #176453 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Really funny thing is....... I know the guy (streaker)... Funny as piss when i found out tonight who it was..........

Reply #176543 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Symonds assaulted him....

how would you feel if that was a female streaker?

was a stupid action by symonds...remember what happened in the 80's..to an aussie criketer who tackled a streaker (lawson or thomo maybe?) was injured and missed games.

a stupid act by symonds..he shouldnt be involved.

Reply #176564 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

No way Symonds should get in trouble, as far as him "assaulting" him how is that bump any different to the crash tackle that was coming his way from security a few seconds later?

Obviously it would be different if it were a woman, but a woman wouldn't be crash tackled in the same manner as a guy, I don't think it's really comparable.

me, it was Terry Alderman who hurt himself in the 80's, his was different, he actually chased the guy and tackled him, Symonds only took a step or 2 towards a guy who was running towards him. Symonds is also a tank and Alderman not so much.

Reply #176578 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

thanks billo..yes..was alderman, and may have in fact shortened his career. but imo was no different..and was stupid of symonds to put himself at risk.

also had he actually injured the streaker...in a legal sense symonds would have been at fault.

Reply #176600 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I don't think he would have been at fault me, as the streaker was actually trespassing at the time. Add to that the streaker said there was no way he would get Symonds charged!

Reply #176609 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Alderman actually came back and took 41 wickets in 1989 Ashes series (a record then) after recovering from his injury...

We could only hope that the same thing could happen to Symonds' bowling....

Reply #176611 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Couple of streaker clips here including the Terry Alderman one (no wonder he played cricket, if this was how he tackled!), and an absolute gold one of Greg Chappell....

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=388125

Reply #176645 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754