ashman
Years ago

Phil on Ch 9 News, interested in a footy job

(Mod: Title adjusted from Ashman's original.)

Topic #14954 | Report this topic

Beam me up  
Years ago

Does not sound like there is a lot of love between SMITH and Ninnis. Ninnis has not been quiet in the background. Time to put up or shut up Snotty. Beam me up Scotty.

Reply #176515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone has a good PR manager! :P

Reply #176516 | Report this post

PBR Me ASAP  
Years ago

His name is Paul Bell

Reply #176517 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"Smyth admits to disappointment as to how his 36ers tenure ended after being encouraged to reapply for the job."

Are you kidding? You didn't want it any more, said you were too tired, and then blinked when the club said "fine, we'll go in a different direction".

Sorry - that's business and life. Passion and desire is everything. Phil, if you'd wanted it all along, it would've been yours for life.

Reply #176521 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

(That damn censorship thing is surely over now. Isaac, tell him to go ahead and launch legal action. This is getting stupid. I almost want the 36ers to sign this guy just to stuff this thing up.)

Now to my original post .....

"Smith admits to disappointment about the way his 36ers tenure ended, after being encouraged to reapply for the job."

Are you serious? Phil Smith, you lost the passion this season and said you weren't sure if you wanted to go on. In business and in life, if you're not passionate about something, then surely it gets taken away.

You missed the boat. If you'd wanted this job for life, it would've been yours. You can't complain now after the way you acted this season. I say fair enough, and good luck to Scott who will put his heart, body and soul into this.

Phil, keep your head up - you were an icon to the club, but life goes on.

Reply #176522 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Struggled to coach in a sport that he played or has been associated with for most of his life. How the hell is he going to coach a sport he doesn't know anything about?! Yes Phill try to cash in on anything you can!

Reply #176536 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

What could he possibly offer an AFL side?

Reply #176537 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

What a goose , plays the nice guy a little too well .

Reply #176545 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Goorj loves a BJ , Phil interested in a FJ and now Ninnis has the HJ . big day .

Reply #176550 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Phil would be good at AFL level. No need to call time-outs, you can send younger guys down to the SANFL, etc to develop and you only need to get up out of your seat every 25-30 minutes or so to talk to your players.

He'd feel right at home.

(Too harsh? I apologise Phil, that was uncalled for.)

Reply #176558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But being in the coaches box, he can't abuse the umpires from there!

Reply #176619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea I think Phil would make a good goal umpire.

Reply #176640 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please God, don't let him go near my beloved POWER.

Reply #176721 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754