Who Me?
Years ago

Hodge in NBDL

Julius is playing for the Albuquerque Thunderbirds in the NBDL. He has had two games so far:-

Game 1

11 pts - 4/13 FG's, 3/6 FT's, 7 rebs, 12 assists, in 30 minutes

Game 2

34 pts - 14/20 FG's, 6/7 FT's, 7 rebs, 6 assists, in 37 minutes.

Reasonable start I guess, if he has more games like the first more chance of him playing in the NBL Game. More games like the second, we will never see him again except on the end of NBA Bench on Foxtel.

Topic #14997 | Report this topic

raytri  
Years ago

Hope he has more games like the first.
Not likely though...

Reply #177045 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Lets face it he was clearly a level above the NBL level, hope he gets back to the NBA and gets the pension thats comes with that 3rd season! Anything can happen though, and if he does get back to Adelaide sometime soon, the NBL better look out, because he is a true 'gamebreaker'!

Reply #177049 | Report this post

hf  
Years ago

i met julius at their last gc blaze game.. i hope he makes nba cause hes a gun..

Reply #177050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even his first game is pretty good. Poor shooting percentage but almost a triple double!

Reply #177060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do u mean pention after 3 years in the NBA?

Reply #177067 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

After 3 contracted seasons in the NBA, players receive a pension for the rest of their lives. It's often mentioned on this site how KB has it, but Darnell was 1 season shy of it!

Reply #177087 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

In regards to NBA pension , what sort of money are we talkin per year ?

Reply #177091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how much do they get kobe24?

Reply #177092 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

http://www.nba.com/aroundtheassociation/

Bottom Right Corner :D

Reply #177094 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think you misread the website, that first game you reference was in April last year. His other game (in addition to the 34 point outing you mentioned) yielded 19 points at 75%, 6 boards and 6 assists. He's certainly continuing his good form.

And for the record if you think he's got a good chance of returning to the NBL if he *only* getting 11, 7 and 12 in 30 minutes of play then you're a very harsh judge, those numbers are bloody good!

Reply #177095 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Billo,

I agree, but given what some other players have been putting up, e.g. Carols Powell, I don't think that would be enough to Julius an NBA gig again.

Reply #177114 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

NBA teams gernerally don't just look at the overall top players in the D-league, they look for guys who can fill certain needs or holes in their rosters. So if a team is perhaps looking to add size to their backcourt, or versatility on the wings then he's in with a shot.

Reply #177117 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Who Me?

Is that Carlos Powells sister?

Reply #177126 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The numbers don't even have to be good enough to get him a call up. If he's even getting teams sniffing around, he'll stay over there and not come back.

Reply #177140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754