billo
Years ago

Aaron Bruce - option for the 36ers?

Caught a Baylor game the other day featuring Aaron Bruce and it struck me that he's a senior this year and despite an amazing freshman year a few years back seems highly unlikely to make the NBA next season.

Anyone know if the Sixers are in touch with him? If Ng returns to medicine he could be the perfect replacement playing alongside Maher & Davidson. The fact Ryan Kersten had a pretty decent first up season and Bruce's college career was considerably more highly decorated makes me think he'd be a instant contributor and good candidate for rookie of the year.

Thoughts?

Also this is old news but I'd not heard it before, in the year before Bruce joined Baylor one of the players on the team actually murdered one of his team mates in a bizarre shooting incident on a farm after a disagreement. That must have been a pretty tense squad to come in to.

Topic #15012 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Speaking of Ryan Kersten - first game in the SEABL last night. Lost to the Spectres, but had 21 points, eight rebounds, four assists.

Reply #177242 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Is he carrying an injury?? Had a strong January to start conference play but is playing only about 16 to 18 minutes a game in February/March.

Reply #177243 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I'd love him here. No offence to Kersten fans, but Bruce would blow him out of the water (remember, he was part of the 06 Boomer squad). He's from country Vic though, so at a guess I'd say that he would go to one of the Vic teams.

His is somewhat of a dissapointing case. He lead the entire Freshamn class in scoring a few years back and was an NBA prospect, but has slowly fallen off the pace. But alot of that is due to Baylor getting deeper and better each year, and they now have a shot at the NCAA's. Which is in direct relation to that whole murder situation you mentioned, billo. Entire program (forced to be) blown up and re-built.

Reply #177244 | Report this post

duffdawg  
Years ago

teams figured him out, double-triple teamed him..
i would think the dragons would be chasing him hard, lets hope they get him!!

Reply #177254 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So, for the next NBL season the Dragons may be just under the salary cap (like Brisbane and Melbourne this year)
With all these names heading to the Dragons, Mark Cowan may have to lend some money from Eddie James Packer.

Reply #177259 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Steve Weigh.

Reply #177275 | Report this post

Ryan Kersten would take him any day of the week...sorry fellas

Reply #177280 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Don't be surprised if AB ends up with Melbourne instead of the Dragons. Word from his brother is that he wants to play in Melbourne if he can't get a decent go in Europe. He will end up being one of the stronger Aussie guards in the NBL within 1-2 years IMO.

Stephen Weigh is likley to play for Cairns or Townsville. Brisbane were most likely until their financial troubles have become known.

Aleks Maric in my opinion would be the pick of the crop. He is a 7ft monster and does it all. Look what he is doing at Nebraska as a senior. He is a outside shot as a 2nd round NBA draft pick. Europe is where is he likely to go as he will get some good dollars. If not, then he would be a huge asset to any NBL team.

Reply #177333 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Townsville are front-runners for Weigh.

Reply #177388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754