?
Years ago

u12/14 country champs question

what happened to murray bridge in u12 / 14 Gs ?

they had results to Sunday morning then afternoon / evening results show 20-0 results in several grades - (ex sa country web site)

Topic #15022 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Years ago

Perhaps the Association(s) decided it was more important to put the welfare of the children before results and forfeited their games at Wayville and Pasadena.

Reply #177342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That cant be the case when only a few of their teams disappeared off the radar, their U/12 Div 1 boys having a decent weekend, playing well until the semi's.

Reply #177346 | Report this post

Fox 48  
Years ago

where on the website are the results? Can't find them.

Reply #177350 | Report this post

memory lapse  
Years ago

sa country site

under championships on secondary menu

look under "draw" and then it has results / ladders etc in the usual sportingpulse set up.

don't look under results - nothing new there

Reply #177354 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, Murray Bridge did pull the plug due to the heat

Reply #177365 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

thanks - just looking at results and noticed the results - hence the thread.

Reply #177370 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well good on them!!

Reply #177383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations to them for putting their kids first!

Reply #177396 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

why dont we use starplex and dome as the main centres - and dont tell me too far to drive
half the parent driving straight pass starplex
maybe its to do with the great recruiting network sturt and eagles have - bring the talent to your own doorsteps
surely this weekend has highlighted the inept sitation best a/c staduium in adelaide starplex not in use ??
rethink needed

Reply #177398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As i'm sure we are all aware, the heat wave being experienced in Adelaide at the moment is the first in 60 years. The organisers can not predict the heat!

Great tournament. Well done to SAC

Reply #177406 | Report this post

joke???  
Years ago

As i'm sure we are all aware, the heat wave being experienced in Adelaide at the moment is the first in 60 years. The organisers can not predict the heat!

Surely the writing was on the wall for this weather? The organisers cant predict the heat, but suerly common sense would have prevailed for a back up plan ie Starplex & Dome!!!!!!!

Reply #177409 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Is Starplex under the care and management of Basketball SA? I suspect it is not and as such Starplex may not have been available at short notice.

I would encourage all Country Associations who disapproved of the venues this past weekend (and any other Country Carnivals i.e. the Senior Carnival earlier this year) to forward their grievances to the organisers of the event.

Congratulations to Murray Bridge for taking a brave, but sensible approach to a difficult situation.

Reply #177423 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Starplex would have been a lot better than Pasadena or Wayville, except that it is north of Gepps Cross

Reply #177446 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

there is about about 7 days notice - of weather certainly indicators were it was going to hot
i personally dont care i was at dome - but conditions at wayville pasadena couldnt been good - as is showcase lets look to be proactive
was welll run nevertheless but think worth looking at continengcy plans

Reply #177447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the dome was used all weekend for junior champs. didnt even no that wayville or pasadena was being used.

Reply #177470 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Spoke to one of the umps at Pasadena - the thermometer was 49 degrees inside.
I asked about portable aircons (you can hire them) - he said they had them there as well!!

Reply #177471 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754