ballin is life
Years ago

Lights on or off?!?

Having been to the states and played High School ball, and also watching/attending College and NBA games, some schools and gyms have only the court lit up. When i played in a game like this i found it scary as you couldn't see into the crowd haha.

What do you think...would you like ONLY the court lit up or the whole stadium like usual??

I'd like the Dome to be different, and maybe next year have just the court area etc. I'm unaware of any teams in the NBL that do this - correct me if I'm wrong.

Topic #15032 | Report this topic

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Perth used to do it and i think you will find the level of lighting required in the dome to make sure it is still a safe place for spectators(stairs etc will need to still be lit) would over ride the effect of crowd black outs.

Reply #177432 | Report this post

ballin is life  
Years ago

yes true. Sucks then. IMO it would be awesome though.

Reply #177435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would i be right in saying at Lakers game only the court is lit up but a Clippers games it all lit up? Is that correct. I much prefer the whole stadium to be lit up.

Reply #177437 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Im fairly certain for safety reasons you can use strip lighting, same as a cinema. Aslong as you have backup lighting incase of an emergency.

I dunno I think this could be kinda cool to watch and may be worth trialing, you could advertise us as the green team by reducing out lighting needs:)

Reply #177459 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

^^^^^Better get Rashard Tucker and Jo Jo here then....

Reply #177461 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Some stadia cannot have total darkness then instant light because of the type of globes used. When this was tried at the dome last time, they had partial light(plus the strobe) for player entry, and from that point it took several minutes to achieve 100%. To have instant light is probably cost prohibitive.

Reply #177473 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I like to do it with the lights on........

Reply #177485 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Damn you Sturty, I had a brilliantly suble witty comment good to go but you stole the punchline with your clumsy obvious post rendering my masterpiece useless.

Reply #177514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its alright billo, wev established that sturty likes to do it with the lights on and he is quick

Reply #177596 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754