Isaac
Years ago

Funny Tonight: Wildcats host 36ERS

The Adelaide 36ERS play tonight in Perth, hoping to secure the season series between the two teams.

You can watch live scores on the NBL site here. Unfortunately, Fox are covering the Kings vs Breakers game instead. The game might be broadcast on Radio Fremantle -- look for the Listen Live button in the top-right corner of their site. I know that they broadcast Saturday games, but I'm not sure about Wednesday nights.

Newspaper reports indicate that Jason Williams will miss the game (and another 3 to come), but that Brett Maher is in good health after a troubled past few weeks.

Rosell Ellis will return for the Cats after a few games out injured, but may see limited action. He has a hamstring strain and did not pull up from yesterday's training perfectly.

Starting line-ups will possibly be:

Sixers: Maher, Farley, Holmes, Rychart, Rees
Wildcats: Shanahan, Crawford, Lett, Majstrovich, Ronaldson

Sixers are 11 and 7 on the ladder, but have lost 2 straight games. Perth are 12 and 8, but won their last match. Sixers are 2-6 on the road; Wildcats are 5-3 at home.

Neither game between the clubs so far this season has been decided by more than 10 points, but Perth have beaten Adelaide in 7 of their previous 8 games in WA.

The game will be Darren Ng's 50th game in the NBL -- congratulations Darren!

Topic #1505 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Hopefully they can get on top of their gaurds, dusty and coops need to crash the boards hard!

Reply #17204 | Report this post

cammo  
Years ago

can u get the live score board on the 36ers website

Reply #17206 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers up 24-18 with 2:00 in the first. Farley has 11, Holmes 8. Crawford has 11 for Perth.

Reply #17225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers pulling ahead 51-36. Farley 15, Holmes 12, Forman 8. Forman 5 boards, but 4 fouls and is back on the bench. Rees and Cooper 4 boards. Maher has 6 assists before half-time!

Rychart off to a slow start, but has 6 and 3 now.

Crawford has 15, Lett has 10 and 5.

53-39 at half-time.

Reply #17226 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

its a good lead to build on, hopefully oscar's situation does not hurt us much he looks good with some boards must be crawford causing all the fouls cos he looks good at the moment. i think we're in good shape, you have to think dusty will improve and brett up his scoring some.

Reply #17227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is any1 having probs wit the fremantle radio , in keep getting little cuts
cheers

Reply #17231 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

im havin probs with it cuttin out

Reply #17232 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

same, gave up!

Reply #17233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol 2 many of us listening i think hehe

Reply #17235 | Report this post

cammo  
Years ago

51 72 we winning

Reply #17236 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Almost three quarter time. Forman 5th foul. Cooper has 5 also. Could make things difficult. Rees on.

Farley has 20, Holmes 16 and Maher has 11 (7 assists).

Lett up to 15 plus 8 boards.

Rychart has 7 boards for Adelaide.

Smyth has left Forman on -- he gets a defensive board, and then a 3 at the other end courtesy of Maher. Forman moves to 11 points, Maher to 8 assists.

Ng came on court for Farley earlier and hit his first shot.

Crawford 4 fouls now. 1:18 to play in third.

Ng hits a 3 (another Maher assist!) and gets the and one (up to 6 points). Farley comes on for Maher.

Rush up to 10 boards(!).

Maher comes on for Rees and hits the clutch 2 with 3 seconds left.

Sixers up by 26. (Not bad for an away game!)

Reply #17237 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

great game isacc would love to have been there how bout the commentatin bit biased dont ya rekkon nearly worse then the kiwis on fox

Reply #17239 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Forman fouled by Shanahan, makes both FT. Farley makes 2 on the next play (22 points); Maher's 10th assist! Go Brett!

Margin is almost 30. Almost time for Hambour and Gower?

Reply #17240 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

carter -- I'm watching the NBL scores, not listening to the radio (girlfriend is asleep in this room).

We have some rellies in Perth that go to see Oscar play, and he hasn't let them down. Just hit a 3; moves to 16 and 6. Last time they saw him play was the 23 and 9 game.

Farley 22, Maher 17, Holmes and Forman 16 each. Rychart on 9 -- come on Dusty! Dusty may be copping a lot of attention from Ronaldson -- are they mentioning anything like that on radio?

Five Adelaide players in double figures compared to just two from Perth. 29 point margin now. 9 minutes to play.

Forman 3 d-boards in a row. Dusty nails a couple to have 13 and 7. Maher up to 12 assists! Holmes on for Forman. If Holmes can score 14 points in 8 minutes, I owe Hoop Addict $10...

Reply #17241 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

it keeps cuttin in and out the keep sayin oscar is on fire has missed 1 shot for the nite

Reply #17242 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reesy hits a couple to have 10 and 5 (6th player in double figures). Farley has 22, 5 boards and 5 assists.

Ontario Lett has 20 and 9.

Score is 100-72.

Holmes makes 2 (18 for the night); Braith Cox doing OK for a rookie: 14 points, 5 boards, 4 assists.

Ng comes on for Farley -- needs a couple of baskets to join double figures. Rychart gets his fourth foul and goes to the bench. Ng fouls Crawford.

Reply #17243 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

12 assists to Maher = career equalling high

Reply #17244 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

SOrry, that was meant to show as his equal career high...one more and its his best ever :)

Reply #17245 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

oscar bak on that 23 mite go close if he don't foul out

Reply #17246 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

the boys sound like they are playing really well. Good to hear they are going to win their 3rd away game of the season!

Reply #17247 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yep brett is having a day out, he should break is assist high then. Good to see a solid team game, we will need that for coming games.

Reply #17248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gower and Hambour are on with 3 minutes to go. Listening to radio now.

Gower fouled by Majstrovich.

Perth sub their bench on.

Reply #17249 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

Hambour and gower are lets see if gower cant stuff it this time

Reply #17250 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

I dont think Maher wont beat his 12 assists! He is sitting on the bench...

Reply #17251 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't worry, we got Gower to reenact that screwed up dunk a few times the other week.

Rush has 15 and 15 -- would be career bests? 10 is his high in points for the season; 8 is his best on boards.

Margin is 19.

Gower has has 1 point. Farley gets a dunk on the final play I think.

NBL scores has Maher with 19; Radio Fremantle are saying 15??

Forman 4/4 3P. Better then the last 2 games!

Reply #17252 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yep, career highs for Rush

Reply #17253 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

gower hit a 3

Reply #17254 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

did i hear right? Oscar - 4/4 from the 3pt line?

Reply #17255 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah great game from oscar, i was worried about his fouls but good confidence from phil and well done to oscar to keep going strong and not pick up another foul. nice game.

Reply #17256 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Waiting for the boxscore to come online.

Looks like everyone played well. Jacob finished with 18 (9th straight game in double figures I think). Only Rychart would've been expecting a few more buckets to fall.

Reply #17257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #17258 | Report this post

sc  
Years ago

Check this out before the proper match report goes up. Looks like someone might have pre-empted the result a little early:

Match Report

Reply #17260 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

FANTASTIC! I just won $58 on that game! Brett Maher your a bloody Champion!!

Reply #17262 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Seems like the boys out did themselves last night. Good game from all the guys, got to give Oscar credit, he's looking good for that Most Improved award Isaac.

Reply #17273 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Majstrovich might be in with a chance -- up from 1 and 1 last NBL season he suited (few years back) to 9 and 5.

Corletto and Martin also chances.

Coach poll said Crosswell, but his stats have gone down!

Oscar will need to have strong games for much of the rest of the season to be a solid chance I think. If only all of the rest of the 36ERS games were in Perth...

I wonder if any betting agency is offering odds on Newley for ROTY this late in the season?

Reply #17276 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Ill give you 1-100 on. :)

Reply #17281 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

The TAB only have numbers for teh championship winners:

$4.25 Wollongong
$4.50 Sydney
$5.00 Brisbane
$6.00 Melbourne
$7.00 Adelaide

Reply #17293 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Whereas Centrebet:
SYDNEY KINGS 4.00

WOLLONGONG HAWKS 4.50

BRISBANE BULLETS 4.50

ADELAIDE 36ERS 7.00

PERTH WILDCATS 9.00

MELBOURNE TIGERS 10.00

TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 12.00

HUNTER PIRATES 26.00

WEST SYDNEY RAZORBACKS 26.00

CAIRNS TAIPANS 41.00

NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 81.00

Reply #17295 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Sportsbet don't offer basketball gambling services.

Reply #17296 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

http://www.sportingbet.com.au/

No NBL gambling.

Reply #17297 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

http://www.onthepunt.com.au/basketballlatestodds.php

The best I've found but no ROY odds.

Reply #17298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754