duh!
Years ago

Any new developments on Brisbane's situation?

I read in the paper today that Joey was waiting on Eddy contacting him by COB Tuesday and he never got back to him which I find rude and insensitive considering his dedication to the club, popularity and the fact that well, it's just rude to do that to people anyway!
I really hope they can keep it together.
This league will lose even more appeal if things don't improve.... it's a very long and drawn out waiting game which I hope won't continue until just before the new season starts to resolve as much as humanly possible.

Topic #15061 | Report this topic

NVS  
Years ago

And you believe everything that is reported in the paper?

Reply #177802 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

NVS, it was quoted by Joey.
Do you believe everything that appears on Hoops SA?
Interesting response that you've condensed the whole situation down to....

Reply #177804 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

Would someone put a dummy into joey's mouth. Seriously Eddie Groves has lost over 300 million dollars, lost major control of his company and joey runs to the papers screaming like a baby "he stood me up" Eddy has much bigger problems problems!

I personally think that Alf Stewart could have coached the bullets to the success if he had the same team as joey has had!

Joey if you love the club, take a cutt! Its simple, support the man that has feed you and your family. I am aware that a former wollongong coach took a pay cutt for the hawks numerous times through out there long tenure at the club just to help the club!

Reply #177810 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

drB.....seriously?

Did you watch the defence Brisbane played during their championship season?

Did you see the way they pushed the ball and spread the floor on offence?

Buddy, I'm sorry, but if you think coaching had nothing to do with their success, you're nuts.

Reply #177811 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

why i acknowledge he is a decent coach, u cant deny that even with Ian Stacker at the helm they would have one the championship. Other teams (tigers, kings) realised if they wanted to win a championship they too needed to go over the salary cap.

Yes acknowledged dicko (it was for humor) i for one think he is carrying on and there are other coaches on the market who if they had that squad could have the success or even better it than joey 'wright'

Reply #177812 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I don't believe they would have for certain. With that Talent they certainly SHOULD have.

But the point was that they were VERY well coached, very well drilled and very well managed.

Not all coaches could have done the same.

He also did pretty well this year, with a far less star studded roster, to reach the semi's after Sam went down too.

Reply #177813 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

So Joey to the Dragons maybe DICKO??

Reply #177815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh, but would they have won with PS coaching ?

Reply #177846 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Joey will bob up in Perth. Vlahov very keen on him and Goorj, but acknowledges he may be a long shot.

Reply #177849 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I wonder what a 60% pay cut equates to for Joey. He states he has a family and a mortgage. I doubt the bank is going to listen to him say I can't meet my repayments for the next 12 months because I want to help my club and take a pay cut. Joey has a good service to offer and regardless of his bosses' financial problems, he still has his own financial obligations to meet. 60% cut sounds like a lot for him not to make a song and dance about.

Reply #177872 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

talk around town that his salary would still be in 6 figures.

Fair point, but if your club is struggling financially, you dont run away and then run to the media and damage the club, especially one that he states he cares for so much ( which is obvisouly rubbish) .

While yes he has talent, i dont believe clubs should pick him up as he has clearly displayed when the going gets tuff he walks, especially if it affects his bottom line. I say go back to the states wright!

Reply #177884 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, if he was getting overpaid before, then it's just bad luck. He'd still be getting $100k or more (which is about the average for an NBL coach - except Goorjian - you'd guess). The days of high salaries at the Bullets can't last forever and I think they'll lose a couple of starters this off-season (Bruton and Bradshaw).

Reply #177900 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Where do you think Bruton will end up then??

Reply #177907 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Suggestion seems to be Russia. Remember that he was going to take up an offer in Europe when he left the Kings, only to snag a big offer from Brisbane. If those big offers are coming to an end with the Bullets, it makes sense that he make his move now.

Bradshaw will play in Europe, I think.

Reply #177914 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers. More good Aussie 'ballers lost to overseas..

Reply #177926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754