jokker
Years ago

Where is our coach?

Was just in at the dome hoping to get the scoop on possible new players while asking about season tickets.Our new coach is on holidays with Marsy for 10 days so while all these players are coming on the market our coach is holidaying not a good start.Please dont try to tell me we cant talk to anyone until 2 weeks after the last game if you think thats happening you are a fool,This is not good players are all ready getting deals done before our coach even talks to them.

Topic #15074 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jokker, unless I am mistaken there is a new technology called the telephone.

Reply #177992 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

jokker what do you have personally against Ninnis?

All you have done is attack him since he was chosen as a replacement for Phil..

Does a coach holidaying with the captain really need this sort of attack? FFS I am sure he has a laptop and a mobile with him..

Reply #177994 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Isnt a lot of that Paul Bauers job anyhow?

Reply #177995 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Jokker (or is it W....r)
Are you that stupid that you think the Coach and indeed the Club haven't already spoken to prospective players. Give them some credit. I have to agree with DB5 - what do you have against Scott. FFS give him a chance.

Reply #177996 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

jokker are you DDfan?
Coz you talk the same shite as what he did.
Do you think your buddy Mort would have been on the phone chasing down players just like he did with Newley , Inlges , Kersten....

Reply #177998 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Wasn't there a BIG stink last season that Phil was in the US when the 2 weeks was up?

HE was OVERSEAS whilst clubs were OFFICIALLY negotiating with players.

And you're worried about Ninnis having a small holiday WITH a player (team bonding anyone?) whilst, OFFICIALLY, he's not allowed to do anything anyway?

I think you'll find he has a VERY good handle of what is happening all over the league......both officially and not.

Reply #178001 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Jokker.....especially for you. A message from the man himself about 3 minutes ago.

"Up in Queensland, get back on Monday. Havent exactly been in holiday mode though, trying to get the team put together.....With Mahersy, been good to get away with him and talk through a lot of stuff"

Sounds to me like a man who knows EXACTLY where his priorities are.

Reply #178002 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

My bad wasnt attacking Ninnis just asking the question but i see now he was bonding with the Captain and all the recruiting is in order cant wait to see all unfold soon.

Reply #178006 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was just in at the dome hoping to get the scoop on possible new players while asking about season tickets.
Strange. Staff at the Dome report no one's asked that all off-season.

Reply #178007 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is that the sound of scampering off with tail between your legs?

So you drill Ninnis again, then you cannot wait to see it all unfold soon..pffft.

Reply #178008 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Jokker,

if you were a true fan and listened to Scotty's radio interview on Tuesday night as listed on this forum, you would have no need to be asking any of these questions.

Reply #178012 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Interesting that he logs on as Jokker and then replies as Joker. In still think W....r is more appropriate. Maybe we shouldn't say anything more - he's had his 3 seconds of fame for today.
Go and watch ABL games this weekend - Forestville/Sturt should be a good starter (and the bars air-conditioned).

Reply #178015 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"if you were a true fan "

God I hate those words......True fans ARE able to question what their team is doing, and show concern if things aren't moving the way they expect.

Being a "True Fan" doesn't always mean blindly following a club no matter what crap they feed you.

I'm not saying this is the case....I just HATE that term.

I'm a true fan of teh Dragons...they get my money each season and I support the team every game. I certainly don't hold back criticising them when they do something that I think is wrong, though.

Reply #178020 | Report this post

Frank Drebin  
Years ago

It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Reply #178023 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

jokker the new barney ?

Reply #178024 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

DD surely..

Reply #178025 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd know if it was DD - would use his name or post nameless (without realising he hadn't put his author name in), has no beef with Ninnis (more so with admin these days it seems). You can hit the author link to see that jokker/joker has used that alias for some time. Fine to disagree with them but argue the point please.

Reply #178034 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I know, was tongue in cheek...

Reply #178038 | Report this post

Frank Drebin  
Years ago

Like a midget at a urinal, Ninnis is going to have to stay on his toes!!

Reply #178045 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Nice try for a lil' b/ball Frank......

Reply #178061 | Report this post

Frank Drebin  
Years ago

Reply #178064 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Dicko, where do you get team bonding from. They've been mates for years sharing holidays together.

Reply #178144 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isn't it fair to say that after the last 2 horror seasons, fans can be cautiously pessimistic and looking for the little signs that the next season will be successful. I have no problem with questioning what the club is doing right now to make that happen. Once again on this forum people have to resort to personal attacks on other's comments. Grow up all of you and if you have something worthwhile to contribute, do so without the need to resort to insults. Believe it or not, we are all supporting the same cause here.

Reply #178145 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He's spoken to Ng. Hodge has 2 year contract with NBA outclause. Arranged training for the bigs. Not only Cooper but asked Luke S. and some big ABA players.
He said Holmes would be ideal and has leadership qualities.

Reply #178147 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Richard Hill (assistant coach) is still in town and both of them are in daily contact with admin regarding players.

For those who are interested, the interviews for the second assistant are this Thursday. Candidates I've heard mentioned are: Liam Flynn, Rick Castle, Rupert Sapwell, Kevin Brooks and Justin Schueller.

Reply #178158 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

He deserves a two week holiday, because when he is back it will be full on for him until this time next year.
The club is bigger than the coach.

Reply #178162 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

One week holiday booked before he was appointed.

Previous coach mentioned that he had only 2 weeks off in 11 years, so I suspect Scott is getting in ahead of time.

Reply #178173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel 31........can you confirm your source on the signing of Hodge for 2 years? Can anyone else confirm if this is true, possibly Isaac/Dicko?

Reply #178196 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i think its an offer not a signed contract.

Reply #178208 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Carmel 31, are you saying that the 36ers have actually signed Hodge for 2years with an NBA out clause???

Reply #178209 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sixers have made him the offer, and spoken to his agent and prepared the contract etc. Not signed yet.

Reply #178216 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Out of the mouth

"Very bloody unlikely that Hodge will return to the NBL"

Reply #178260 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ng looks likely to continue with the sixers, and be a doctor in the off-season.
Some players from 2003 are likely to return.
Ninnis with the academy and Hill with state u20s is good for development.

Reply #178308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Some players from 2003 are likely to return."

Holmes..?

Rychart is a free agent and Forman has signed on with the Breakers and Cattalini has also re-signed with the Taipans...

So who else would return? o.O

Reply #178310 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I mentioned some players likely to return but you say there's none.

Reply #178318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Other than Holmes and Ng, who..?

Reply #178328 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Rychart.
( Cattalini and Forman, after coming outta contract or other NBL issues)

Reply #178333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel 31.....has Hodge been given a deadline?

Reply #178392 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Not sure on deadline yet.

Reply #178420 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

I'de love to see Dusty back, is that a possibility?

Reply #178458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754