Kobe-for-MVP
Years ago

LA Lakers and injuries

Pau Gasol Injured today but not yet known for how long he will be out.

The Lakers Starting Center and Starting PF out with injury, one of our best backups in Ariza is out, and kobe still injured with the finger. Not to mention Chris Mihm was the starting center before he went down with his freak accident and he is still out, how deep is this freakin team going to go??

Hopefully this Lakers team can hold on.

Topic #15090 | Report this topic

Fezlington  
Years ago

Left Ankle Sprain...hopefully it aint that bad

Chris Paul is killing us...26 pts 17 assists and 4 steals so far.....he is the best PG in the league in my opinion

Reply #178178 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

La laked depth at the center, thats all.

Pau note: Scans are negative.

Reply #178181 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Mbenga will get more minutes

Thank god

Bynum should be back soon....he is back to running, even though its only 65% of his own weight

Reply #178184 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

"Pau Gasol sprained his left ankle and needed help limping off the court in the first quarter of the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.

Gasol was running into the lane looking for a potential offensive rebound when he appeared to step on teammate Vladimir Radmanovic's foot.

Gasol came up lame, favoring his left leg, as the Hornets took the ball the other way, then was helped to the locker room after New Orleans scored and the Lakers called a timeout.

Lakers officials said the 7-foot starting center, who is averaging 19.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season, would not return to the game."

Found Here

Reply #178188 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Just be glad it wasnt lamar's foot as it was his foot that caused the ariza and bynum injuries and they are both still out now..

CP3 is good but best pg in the league i think not just yet. Id say STEVE NASH currently but CP3 for long term potential.

Reply #178194 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

IM not so sure.....dont get me wrong......i luv
Steve Nash, but if you look at the numbers

Paul

21.3 pts
3.9 reb
11.1 ass
2.7 steals
49% fg
88% ft
36% 3pt fg
2.5 TO

Nash

17.4 pts
3.5 reb
11.5 ass
0.7 steals
50.9% fg
90% FT
46% 3's
3.8 TO

Paul definately has the better defensive game with less TO's, hence why i reckon he gets the nod

Reply #178202 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

have to agree, the defensive side of paul gets him over nash... but only JUST!

Reply #178203 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The ankle curse strikes again with the Lakers however this time Odom wasn't the one dishing it out on his team mates.

Hopefully it's not too serious and Gasol can return.

Menga should get some extra minutes now until Bynum is ready to return.

But Lakers currently a bit short on depth @ the centre position.

Reply #178204 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Agreed...not alot in it.....Nash clearly the better shooter going on percentages

Just reckon Paul is the more complete player

Reply #178205 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

"Not to mention Chris Mihm was the starting center before he went down with his freak accident and he is still out"

what was the accident??

Reply #178212 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

He has hand ankle and achilles problems

Dont reckon we will see him in a Laker Uniform next season

Was coming good, and finding consistency in his game, missed a fair few games....and will find it hard to get back into it

Reply #178213 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I think the accident was that Chris Mihm was starting ...

Reply #178215 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Chris Mihm has missed 30+ games this season, fez i think yopur right, no laker next season

Reply #178217 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Only played 19 games so far this season, and played 59 last season

What about Radmanovic??

He has failed to produce the same as he did in Seattle

Do u reckon they will try and off load him?

Reply #178218 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Rad thrives on confidence and to hsi credit has produced what he needs to in the last two games but his not consistent enough.

What about Luke Walton, now his also underachieving.

Reply #178219 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

listen to the 2 laker experts at work...:|

fez and kobe, just call eachother

Reply #178220 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Injury Update:

Gasol sprained his left ankle while stepping on Vladimir Radmanovic's foot in the first quarter and needed help getting to the locker room. He was on crutches after the game, saying he didn't want to put any weight on it in hopes of keeping the swelling down.

"It swelled up pretty good. We'll know more tomorrow,' Gasol said. "We're going to make sure there's no damage to the ligaments, at least not too bad. I hate sitting out ... I want to be back as soon as I can.'

Reply #178228 | Report this post

Maybe if enough Lakers get injured, the remaining players might be nearly under the salary cap!

And i wouldn't be surprised if it was Odoms foot gasol stepped on

Reply #178231 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Thanks for ur input Jules...lol

Reply #178291 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754