Anonymous
Years ago

Div 3 need own training sessions

OK, I am a Woodville parent and honestly I am really annoyed that our team has been left out to dry by the club.

Their are Division 3 teams training with div one and two teams which is just wrong. I mean look at the under 16 boys their div 3 team has no chance to gel because they always with the one's and two's and then the under 18 boys who in a quick peek here and their have an awesome coach who has no say in the way his teams going...

then with the girls the division 3 side in under 16's and 18's again train with the higher division and look at what's happening.

When I played it was for Southern Sun's and if their were only 3 divisions in the boys and girls the div 3 boys and girls shared a court which is much better than this.

Division 3 sides need to work on so many different things than the ones and two's and I think it's a joke that the club can't even give us our own training session. Where the hell are our fee's going? I wonder when you have 3 teams training on one court.

this will affect the club on so many levels as I feel it's something that would bring down the skill level of the division one's and two's while it leaves the division 3's ignored and powerless.

(Mod: Next time, try a more descriptive topic title than "we need..." - thanks.)

Topic #15092 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Maybe address that to the club, this isn't the place to be airing dirty laundry ...

Reply #178214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try using English next time.

Reply #178229 | Report this post

intheknow  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #178233 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't see what the problem is. The div 3 players will become much better players being exposed to train against better players all the time! They should welcome the challenge...

Reply #178234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you are commenting on the under 18 div 3 woodville boys time and saying it is wrong for them to be training with the div 1s and 2s your an absolute joke that team made the Grand Final and not because it was just luck or whatever, but because week in week out they are training hard against the higher division players...they constantly scrimmage against the div 2 side which can only make them stronger not worst.

Also most teams do this i believe so the division 1 and 2 coach and see how the lower div players can compete against the higher skilled and players playing in the higher divisions.

If you dont want your son or daughter training against players that will push them to train and in turn play hard then do something about it pull your som or daughter out and get them to go play social and practise whatever they need to there.

Im sure you ask any div 3 player if they are pissed off and sick of training with the main div 1 and 2 group for half of training then going down the other end and scrimmaging against the div 2's..i can tell you your answer im sure they love showing the div 1 and 2 coach that they desereve a spot in the higher team and try and beat the guy that has taken there position in the higher team

Reply #178235 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

Are you serious... I'm not from Woodville but if I was I would give you a fair smack in the head. Congratulations you've had your winge, and all you have achieved is giving others amunition that the club is unprofessional when you come on a place like this and have a sook.

Seriously if you are that concerned about it, go and speak to a coach and try to understand why the club does what it does before spraying here. It's weak, soft and unprofessional.

Reply #178244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

honestly if you don't like the way a club is run leave the club... no club needs any of this and if your going to have a go about your own club like this then it shows what kinda person you really are.

Reply #178324 | Report this post

Pulteney 27  
Years ago

1st you would or should be training with a group that probably has higher skill levels than your div 3's so the theroy is that you guys should be swept along and improve your skills as well.

2nd; the club probably saves some money by training three divisions together rather than have them training at different times.

3rd; if you think your group is lacking certain skills, ask for some one on one coaching.

Reply #178346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754