my saturday night so far, 15/3/08

8:00. Was walking to the video store to return a DVD (A Clockwork Orange if you're interested, best movie ever, you should definitely see it) feeling the COOL breeze on my face, when i heard some commotion. What's that? I ask myself, getting curious. As i reach the summit of the hill i was climbing, i saw it. A soccer pitch, illuminated! A soccer match! That's what the noise was! And the commotion i heard? It was the noisy crowd, yelling and cheering and encouraging their team on!

9:00. Came home, ate my tea, loaded up my computer, and typed this message in. Who knows what will happen, on This Saturday Night!

Topic #15094 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Christ I can hardly wait for the next installment...lol

Reply #178245 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

10.00 Passed out from alcohol consumption, likely due to too many drinks prior to 9.00.

Reply #178246 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

One to many glasses of milk at the Korova on your way home from the video store hey ELG .

Reply #178248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't really understand the point of this, eastern lowland gorilla.

Reply #178249 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The NBL season only ended 24 hours ago and the boredom is already showing.

Reply #178251 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

lol nice story ELG

.................... im waiting for the next installment

Reply #178254 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Dammit, I hate cliffhanger endings... what happened next?

Reply #178255 | Report this post

well its 11 15 now and i'm playing video games I really need some friends.

#178249, i'm satarising basa's decision not to let the ABA teams play tonight

Reply #178256 | Report this post

satirising*

I think that's the first spelling mistake ive ever made on this forum!

Reply #178257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, 11.23. Been to the video store as well been drinking the whole time and now home reading this. Where would I usually be, at the tip off for the first round of the ABL 2008.

Reply #178258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, 11.23. Been to the video store as well been drinking the whole time and now home reading this. Where would I usually be, at the tip off for the first round of the ABL 2008.

Reply #178259 | Report this post

omg omg omg omg omg omg so cool

Reply #178261 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Does missing an apostrophe count as a spelling error because if so that was your second ELG.

Reply #178264 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yeah i just got back from the bay and saw some dudes get knocked out, when i could have been watching a ripper of a game in the abl, instead i saw many abl players drunk and disorderly.

Reply #178265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point of ELG's post is that he could have been out playing the first game of the ABL Season, had it not been called off. Whilst wandering home from picking up a dvd he saw an outdoor game being played in the same temperature - I might add the temperature drops some degrees after sundown. The soccer players obviously just get on with it and take responsibility for playing in the hot weather.

Reply #178267 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Yeah but the temperature in the stadiums would be quite a few degrees hotter as the the tin sheds have been toasting all day .
Why risk it ? if after all this talk during the week someone did pass out or worse cark it then the feeling would be somewhat different , me thinks .

Reply #178269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The question is,

is it worse inside because wayville has been heating up for ten days or is it cooler inside?

Reply #178270 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

And I always thought soccer was soft... clearly tougher than basketball last night.

They made an educated decision to postpone game times, not a complete round. So they started their game day around 5/6pm when the temp is on the decline, 6:30 & 8:15pm start times, could have been made 7:15 and 9pm for example, a chance to let the tin sheds air out in the cool evening breeze before tip off. God knows why the Starplex games weren't played also, BSA must have some money to cover that hire fee with no one on it...

Reply #178271 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

7pm: Posted some crap on Hoops.
7:30: Went for a walk outside. Before I left I contacted the Ambos and requested they follow me for the walk, just incase I found it difficult to conduct this strenuous exercise. Preparation is the key here. All day I sat out in the sun and didn't drink any form of fluid.
8:30: Boy was I lucky to return unscathed. I had to walk past a group of youths at a Mickey D's carpark. 5 minutes later a ferocious Shit-Zu decided that I was invading his territory and attacked.
8:45: Posted more crap on Hoops.
8:46: Forgot 'The Bill' was on ABC so I switched over while I recovered from my life threatening adventures in the last hour.
10:00: The Bill finished, what an episode, that Tony Stamp he is so cool.
10:01: Suddenly realised I had missed the first 30 minutes of 'The Longest Yard'. Checked the tempeature inside. Still too freakin hot outside. So I checked my Pulse, BP, BSL's, ECG, MRI and sent the results to the Ambos just in case.
11:15: Posted more crap on Hoops.
11:16: Hit the 'Fart Sack'. At my age, it is good to get to bed early these days. Roll on next Saturday.

Reply #178281 | Report this post

on the ball  
Years ago

well with the weather still hot will we see div 3 and 2 concelled this week.

its is going to get stupid now for years to come.

Reply #178301 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ELG your weird

Reply #178304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well division 3 games on monday have been cancelled. Sportingpulse confirms this. This is just getting stupid!

Reply #178309 | Report this post

New news: every basketball game for the next month, cancelled!

Reply #178313 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Remember Athol Park? It was so cold in winter the only sound you could hear was the penguins leaving in search of a warmer climate.

Reply #178329 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

ELG, that was the 2nd every mistake you've made. The 1st was writing this stupid thread.

Reply #178331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grand Finals were played at both Port Pirie and Roxby Downs on Saturday night. And guess what? Temperatures were at both of these venues were still hotter than Adelaide!

Reply #178393 | Report this post

Tangles  
Years ago

ELG. Jim loves u

Reply #178677 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Where are you ELG ? answer your phone

Reply #178891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754