Tommy
Years ago

Dave Barlow MVP Next Season

Everyone saw how barlow played in the grand final series, normally when you verse your old team you play bad, but barlow didnt

he improved dramatically in his fourth season and that was after a knee re-construction and changing teams. Barlow could have been mvp this season but there were too many other stars on the team like anstey,dt,lampley and d--mac.

barlow even set the record for best shot percentage in one game when he made 14 from 14 and half of them were 3's
and lindsey gaze even said it was the best performance he has eva seen and he was coachin andrew gaze when he averaged over 40 ppg a game

let me hear ya thoughts

Topic #15099 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great player, but will never win a MVP, to one dimensional for my liking. And like you said, too many other stars in his team, THEN there is Chris Anstey who although a jerk, has the entire offense run through him. I'm sure he will be happy to win rings though for the next couple of season atleast.

Reply #178312 | Report this post

NPB  
Years ago

Dave Barlow is a great player. I remember reading about him in Handle ages ago and it said that he was a legitimate NBA Prospect. LOL. obviosuly he isnt, but he is a very good player. IMO, He will leave the NBL soon and go to Europe and play there, because he certainly has the ability to do so. As for MVP? Sorry No, but defitinetly has a great chance of ALL NBL 1ST Team

Reply #178315 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

he not goin overseas unless he gets to the nba
same reason he only went to college for a year- he gets homesick
his agent is already askin the nba teams if there interestin tryin him out

and he might not get mvp nex season but he is the youngest playa in the tigers lineup so soon chris will retire , dt will go bak to america/canade, dmac is out now and shawn lampley is tryin to get back in the nba and crossy doesent hog the ball at all so that will meen more ball for barlow

Reply #178320 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

No way will he get MVP! He is very good in a team that has good players around him. If he was in a weak team he would struggle as he would get alot more attention and wouldn't cope as well! Send a double team at him and he looks baffled.

Reply #178323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why dont 36ers try get him

Reply #178325 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Really needs to lift his overall game and peripheral stats to be any hope of landing the league MVP award .

Reply #178326 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

Am i the only one who hates david barlow???
I cannot stand him. i dont think i ever saw him take it to the ring the whole final series. An athletic big body and the slacker sits on the perimeter all game....

I know he is a great talent but he is EXTREMELY one dimensional. id roll over and die before he gets an mvp. I think wortho is a much better talent than him and would probs get an MVP before he does.

Reply #178337 | Report this post

J.Smith  
Years ago

He is replacement for Jason Smith in Boomers line up. Needs to be a much better shooter to play the way he does in the NBA.

Cant see it really.

Reply #178338 | Report this post

P.Mills  
Years ago

Sorry. But NO WAY will he play NBA. Doesn't have the jump shot or the explosiveness to play NBA. Lacks the strength to play NBA. Can't see why he considers himself an NBA Prospect!-At least he is confident!

Reply #178468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754