RESPECT
Years ago

Ken Watson passes on

All of those long term basketball fans would know Ken Watson from the Melbourne Tigers. A true legend of the game in every sense of the word.

RIP Ken!!!

www.bigv.com.au

Topic #15124 | Report this topic

Phizzer  
Years ago

Oh, very sad. Definitely a legend.

Best juniors coach Australia has ever seen.

Reply #178676 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

RIP Ken.
True Australian basetball icon and legend.

Reply #178683 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

RIP Ken

Another legend died as well

The last of the great Invincibles..Bill Brown

Wish his family all the best

Reply #178703 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

I lived and officiated in Melbourne during the 1970's and had the pleasure of knowing Ken both on and off the court. He was one of nature's gentleman and was the driving force behind Melbourne Tigers junior basketball.
His son Ian (deceased) was one of Australia's premier guards during that era including representing Australia at the Olympics.
His other son David was one of Australia's senior referees and officiated in the NBL and WNBL.
Ken will be missed by all especially those associated with the Melbourne Tigers.
RIP.

Reply #178754 | Report this post

Riches Family  
Years ago

Coached my Dad & myself - True legend of our sport and touched an amazing amount of lives.

Thoughts are with his family.

Riches Family.

Reply #178762 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

RIP Ken, a sad day for the basketball community, losing a legend of junior b'ball. Vic b'ball will never be the same, the tigers in particular, RIP Ken.

Reply #178767 | Report this post

Brucey  
Years ago

A truly sad day for Basketball in the passing of Ken Watson. Ken Watson was the leading force behind Basketball Victoria and the founding of the Melbourne Tigers. I had the pleasure of receiving the gift of Ken's coaching as a junior player with the Tigers and the mentorship of his son David as a referee's coach at Albert Park. Many elements of Basketball I am passing on to my children are due to Ken and David's influence in my life. Althogh Ken was a very succesful coach, his sportsmanship and leadership were of the highest in character and was one of the best ambassodors of Aust sport. The ledgend of Lindsay Gaze and his contribution to the game were only made possible from the foundations that Ken laid. RIP Ken.

Reply #178933 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754