Cat 15
Years ago

36ers coaching staff

I'm wondering what people think/know it will finish up like.

ie.
Head Coach: Ninnis
1st Ass: Hill
2nd Ass: Brooks
Academy: Lucas

I think this actually looks really good. What do you all think? Brooks a good fit? Sapwell? Any others?

Topic #15138 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brooks won't be back.

Reply #178973 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That leaves Sapwell, Flynn, Castle, Schueller - any other applicants? Interviews were today for at least a couple of the applicants if not all of them.

Reply #178975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Brooks come back from the Hawks where he's the first assistant to hold Ninnis' whiteboard in Adelaide?

Reply #178976 | Report this post

Squid Lips  
Years ago

Where was this job advertised?? Or was it the case that these people applied for the Head Coach position. Or will the second assistant's job just go to one of the boys.

Reply #178979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least ninny will use a whiteboard

Reply #178983 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

At least ninny will use a whiteboard

GOLD!
What running around for a scrap of paper wasn't professional enough?
I think you will find that Brooks would indeed come back for the 2nd assistant job if offered. He loves Adelaide and his wife is a local girl who wants to come home.

Reply #178986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2nd ass coach will probably also coach the academy

Reply #178989 | Report this post

MyWord  
Years ago

Word is that its between Flynn, Brooks & Scheuller. Good luck to all 3 men. It will come down to whether Brooksie wants it or not. If he doesn't then the other 2 are the main contenders.

Reply #178990 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Then Brooks it is! Great move for the 36ers! If we go that way, then I think we will probably have put together the best coaching panel in the league (well lets hope anyway).

Reply #178994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schueller

Reply #178997 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Chris Lucas is an interesting concept... Was Scott's boss in hindsight at the start of this year and if he was willing to support him and walk out of his job, he obviously has a lot of respect for the bloke.
I wonder if he applied...

Reply #178999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not considered.

Reply #179000 | Report this post

MyWord  
Years ago

Brooks is keen to head to head home. If/when the sixers come to the party this afternoon Brooksie will be be back in town.

Reply #179001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

source my word? good if true, if not think Schueller should be the one to get it.

Reply #179003 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Schueller will probably get it. Seems the centre of universe at the sixers is Sturt/North. Other club seem to run a poor second fiddle to these clubs at the moment.

Reply #179018 | Report this post

Asafa  
Years ago

The Bear will and should get it...best man for the job, up to date with all the progressive ideas across the globe from all types of coaches, better to bring someone in who's young, with no prior NBL experience and mould them into an NBL coach for the future, and im almost positive this is what Ninnis will do...i need some odds from sportingbet.com.au

Reply #179044 | Report this post

Side Issue  
Years ago

Bit of a side issue here - but how would you feel as an elite athlete if you were to be coached by someone who is overweight. I know there are plenty of examples where it appears to have worked OK but I still think it is an exception rather then a rule. I think it is even more important if the coach did not play at a high level.

Reply #179053 | Report this post

RESPECT  
Years ago

Schueller CAN coach. That is your answer right there. He is on call 24/7 andthats exactly what the younger development players need to take the net step up. Good luck to Justin.

YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN......

Reply #179095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Ninnis had any smarts he would put a BIG MAN coach in as an assistant.A former player with NBL experience in the paint, not a wanna be ABA coach

Reply #179101 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Isaac, Any news. Has a decision/offer been made? Any idea on announcement?
Thanks

Reply #179330 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Been away and haven't asked. Wouldn't be unhappy with any of the applicants getting in - advantages in picking each. e.g., Brooks may have better rapport with imports, Flynn would have the experience with the technology they use, etc.

Reply #179332 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Drop us a line when/if you find out.
Thanks again

Reply #179333 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

KB didn't get the job. Was down to two and he missed out. Not sure who the other person was.

Reply #179567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JS - offer on his table.

Reply #179572 | Report this post

Ok...you want the facts.

Schueller was interviewed only to save face for Ninnis and Hill, but does not have a hope. He only has himself to blame for this.

They were after KB but I doubt he will be back. Therefore, Flynn to get the nod, will be announced this week.

Reply #179602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can hear him scream,

Your 1 from 3 with your "facts".

Schuller was interviewed because he has done a lot of work with Academy and won an ABL title with North - not to "save face". At the end of the day he didnt have the skill set they were looking for, but he is still a good young coach and will only learn from this experience.

They were not "after KB" - he was interviewed like everyone else but like Cat 15 said, he got down to the last 2 and like Schuller, didnt have the skill set they required.

Your right on your last point - Flynn has the job.

Reply #179622 | Report this post

Hmmmm  
Years ago

I can hear him scream.....if you are in fact correct then that information must have been leaked by the coaches themselves. If they are operating that way then I suggest their tenor to be short. I doubt this to be the case but either way you are a prick for a. spreading bullshit or b.breaking the coaches trust.
Nice work.

Reply #179634 | Report this post

Hmmmm  
Years ago

Try 'tenure' instead of 'tenor'

Reply #179637 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754