Melb Warrior
Years ago

Well done norwood

Just home from another Easter spent in sleepy hollow. Congrats to norwood on another well run carnival.
Now my kids are at 18 level I am coming to the end of my excuses to come to SA but I noticed at this carnival the dark haired lady who used to be president was not around. I think her name was Janey or Jenny Clerk. Has there been a change or did she just "retire" after many years.
The thing we like about adelaide is it is easy to get around and nothing changes. We have been coming there now for 7 years and sturt still appear to be the top club and leading the way.

The only downer was the coffee - it was crap but apart from that a geart weekend again.

Topic #15171 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats with sleepy hollow?

Always interested to hear what people from interstate think of Adelaide.

Reply #179287 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

...LOL...
The sleepy hollow comment is just a throwaway line, although as anon said, always interesting to see how other states see us. Unfortunately, Victoria and NSW will always have the population to have "momentum" and appear busy. Although Melb Warrior probably pulls in a big salary compared to their Adelaide counterpart, they would pay a lot more in the cost of living. So, the options are live in a sleepy hollow and have low stress levels, or live like a rat in a caged wheel and be a heart attack waiting to happen?
Suprised about the coffee comment - obviously didn't have one along the Parade - they would have spotted Mr Rann sipping his double decaf latte with a lemon twist

Reply #179288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am from the "heartland" ( Vic- LOL ) and I love Adelaide, they teach you to shoot, they have easy access to most places, Glenelg area is great and you guys eat pies in soup !!!

Seriously, Adelaide is a great place.

Reply #179289 | Report this post

Melb Warrior  
Years ago

Jack Toft

Please no offence meant - We like Adelaide and the people - sleepy hollow is an affectionate term.
It is not a rat race like where we live, that has benefits in itself.

We like Melb though as at least we can go to a footy game. We will be back.

The crap coffee we speak about was at the stadiums.

Reply #179291 | Report this post

ElthamWildcat  
Years ago

Good tournament once again. Being from VIC, it is a good weekend away whether we win or lose. 2nd time there for me.
Water is the only thing that turns me off Adelaide. Apart from that the change of pace is a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of Melbourne.
Looking forward to seeing a number of teams at the Classic and Nunawading Tourney in June.

Reply #179293 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Melb Warrior

I suspected you meant the stadium coffee!
I think they get the best floor sweepings from all the cafes and put it in a jar

Reply #179325 | Report this post

;';  
Years ago

Does anyone know who won the 16 girls Championship as the result has not been placed up on the site?

Reply #179373 | Report this post

Dr damage  
Years ago

Melbourne won.
Led all game, up by as much as 18 but won by 10 ish.
54 - 44.

Reply #179376 | Report this post

Babyballer  
Years ago

Who won the 18girls div 1??

Reply #179379 | Report this post

nike just do it  
Years ago

what was the drama after the 16 g game?

Reply #179388 | Report this post

nike just do it  
Years ago

what was the drama after the 16 g game?

Reply #179389 | Report this post

Babyballer  
Years ago

Woodville girl 'pushed' MT girl back on her butt when approached to shake hands. Then silly blonde bimbo from MT ran into situation!

Reply #179397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne tigers girl was hot!!!!

Reply #179451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who was that lady that run the carni..

she was prancing around at the dome all day yesterday wearing tight jeans and white flip flop slip ons.. she also had glasses and sort of reddish hair.... I think she may be from norwood..

anyone got her number? lol

Reply #179453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A great tournament; well organised, plenty of parking and ran on time. Pools were generally even however perhaps need a separate B grade for teams not at Vic metro 2/3 level.

Particularly well reffed this year in comparison to past years. I would like to see VIC refs allow level of physical contests at the ball as they do in SA, however the SA refs could rethink their approach to 3-second violations, charge/block and soft hands fouls.

No complaints, was very consistent in six of seven games and in other the snr ref made enough over-rules to prevent a lopsided game. I look forward to bringing teams across next year.

Reply #179522 | Report this post

coffee lover  
Years ago

they should hold all b-ball carnivals at m/vale just for there coffee the lady in the canteen makes the best coffee out of all the stadiums we love going there on friday and saturdays to watch our kids and have a great coffee

Reply #179595 | Report this post

Better coffee now  
Years ago

I agree with coffee lover ... Tigers have best coffee. They must make a killing with that machine and lady who knows how to use it! Why cant more stadiums follow suit - surely it would be worth their investment?? I am a serious coffee lover too, but other stadiums coffee tastes more like dish water.

Reply #179793 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

I agree, I always thank the ladies at M/Vale for the great coffee they make, it makes for a great start for an early game at MV, as well as just a great drink for a late start.

Reply #179800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754