The_Champ33
Years ago

Chris Webber to Announce Retirement

Chris Webber's knees can no longer handle NBA level and Webber is set to announce his immediate retirement.

Here is the link from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3311954

Topic #15200 | Report this topic

Dirty Day  
Years ago

He was a good player but sadly when I think of Chris Webber's pro-ball career I'll always think of the "don't give me the ball, I don't want it" look on his face during the 4th quarter and OT of game 7 of the 2002 Conference Finals. But I guess, besides Mike Bibby, the whole team had that look on their face.

Reply #179607 | Report this post

SOJ is a gun  
Years ago

Can Webber still play at a lower level?? if so perhaps an nbl club should chase him..worth the risk IMO injuries

Reply #179613 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

NBL... FTF i dont think the entire league could afford for Mr Webber to come and play down here. LMFAO

Reply #179620 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

It wouldn't be worth it for him to play for what is peanuts compared to the money he has already earned. He was one of the highest paid players for a few years at Was/Sac

Reply #179621 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

It's not worth having Chris Webber down here. Our money is peanuts and I think his knee is too banged up to play. Fans would be pissed off paying tickets to see him only to find out he's out injured.

Reply #179631 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'll always remember that behind the back move and dunk he pulled on Sir Charles Barkley in his rookie year. That's a highlight reel moment for life.

Reply #179633 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

What is it with people thinking that as soon as someone from the NBA gets cut or retires, the NBL should recruit him. Andfor good sakes Tommy, why did you even post that thread about Rodman!!!?

Reply #179647 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Fav CWebb moment

When he stood up to Shaq and the lakers calling them a 'whining bunch of b*tches' after Shaq called them the Sacramento Queens!!
Miss the rivalry days...

Reply #179654 | Report this post

that webber over barkley dunk sucked. Why did he even bother putting it behind his back? Did he want to get on sportscentre?

Reply #179668 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

yeah! thats the only reason hes retiring!

Reply #179724 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754