rotate on this
Years ago

NBL points system: What the ...., Chuck?

I know it is nothing new but is he trying to take the helm from one A.Demetripou as the biggest and best CEO ( childlike excrement oaficer )this nations sporting codes have to offer . Please someone show some honesty , openness and transparency instead of clambouring down for the dollar .

Topic #15208 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

More info? What specifically has fired you up?

Reply #179711 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac , obviously got me a little fired up . Relating to the points cap situation . I guess the quoted remarks in Boti's article to me showed a fair amount of arrogance on chucks behalf , he sounded quite dismissive and IMO we have taken a beating over many years where other clubs fortunes have been somewhat more fruitful both in grading and then negotiation .

Reply #179714 | Report this post

Clame  
Years ago

I still cant get over him calling Big Luke a "Tall White Stiff" publicly?

Seriously, a guy who stands out from the crowd, has played NBA, and could be a great marketing ploy for the league if he plays here...

And our Commish is calling him a "White Stiff"? Great way to promote the league :S
How some of these guys get these gigs is beyond me!

Reply #179722 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I read that as Chuck calling him that privately and then Boti outing it just to get one back.

Agree re Chuck's "dismissive" comments. You could almost get the impression that the league is just phoning it in while in a holding pattern during the BA-NBL Phase 2 thingo?

Reply #179726 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"There are 400,000 big white stiffs who'd love the chance he's had," Harmison said.

What number do you think Chuck is? I'm going for 248,729.

Reply #179732 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Billo, Chuck is much easier to date near the start of the Tall White Stiff gene pool, the wearing of a headband scientists say places him nearer Tall White Stiff #46

Reply #179741 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Geez , i obviously had a few too many vinos last night . Didn't really convey my message that well but glad everyone got the gist .

Reply #179742 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah I agree. I thought some of his comments were quite arrogant and dismissive really. It was a bit like "oh well too bad".
Where does this leave Luke? Unless a start up or struggling club has enough points left to fit him in, not too many clubs will go for Big Red. He isn't exactly a proven player in this league and over the last two years hasn't gotten a lot of good game time, except a bit in the D League, which he didn't shine out that much (Only 5.4 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1 block per game). So what team in their right mind would take a risk on Luke at 10 points and probably a reasonably large contract? Singapore maybe? Sydney (next year anyway!)?? If he can't get a gig next year, can he sue the NBL for restirction of trade???? He will be forced to go and try and get a gig in the Euro leagues and unfortunately won't be able to come home. Smarten up Chuck, we want this league to get better and be able to entice home grown players to play here not turn them away!

Reply #179746 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I have a question about the points system, at what point does he played in the NBA allow you to not be a 10?

eg what if Longley was talked into having a run in Perth (i know he cant due to injury etc )but a what stage does that run out. Does the he played in the NBA rule stick then?

Schensh has not played for almost 12 months, was not selected for the world championships when he was trying to get in the team (Hinder therefore is a better player than him so therefore Luke cant be rated as much as him)

Reply #179747 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If, later in the off-season, Schenscher has no contract, I think he can appeal his rating on those grounds. Obviously that's months away.

A team with points to spare and needing a big man could make use of him. If the Crocs are losing Vanderjagt, perhaps they could give him a shot? I'm not convinced he will get a lucrative contract straight away though.

Reply #179760 | Report this post

h  
Years ago

Reply #179783 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

Did Paul Rogers ever get a couple of 12 day NBA contracts? Was he ever on an NBA Roster?

How many points is he at the moment?

Reply #179784 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Lakers and the Raptors both had his rights.
I don't believe he ever played though. Was sent to Europe.

Reply #179788 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Plus, he would've probably played back in the NBL before the current points system was introduced, and would've been rated by peers or on stats.

I think Rogers may be a 10 for the coming season too, which is silly. There isn't enough differentiation between an MVP (Anstey, 10) and Rogers, who is a decent big man, but not in the top 15 and/or 10% of players in the league.

Reply #179796 | Report this post

Elect Vessel  
Years ago

Rogers spent most of the lockout shortened season on the Raptors roster as a warm body in training but yes never played an NBA game.

Reply #179941 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

"Rogers spent most of the lockout shortened season on the Raptors roster as a warm body in training"

Not to mention watching Vinsanity at his peak during scrimmages...would have been great.

Reply #179964 | Report this post

The Colonel  
Years ago

Watch the NBL all of a sudden drop the Kings as their poster boys and replace them with the Dragons if Boy Gorj signs up.

Reply #179986 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754