1 dream
Years ago

Thoughts on Nate Tomlinson?

Billy T's son. I have heard about him.nothing but good things i might add.anyone got any thoughts on this kid..where is he playing? is he good? will he come back and be a king?

Topic #15227 | Report this topic

Stingray  
Years ago

He can play, was a regular at Kings training's as a 14 & 15 Year old & held his own.
Tough nosed guard like his old man was, attacks the rim and gets his feet in the paint, could improve his perimeter game.
Last I heard he was in Florida playing HS.

Reply #179949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate T, has signed on to play D1 at Denver in the US. He is a very good guard and when the 18's were at Wayville a few yrs back, he was the best point gurad there including Armour, Natoli and Harvey.

Made the 2007 worlds as a back up to Mills despite not being at the Tute

Reply #179950 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good call. Kid has some talent.
Keep an eye out for Nate over the next few years in college hoops. With our shortage of quality PG's, he will be one to watch.

Reply #179953 | Report this post

Hoopsta  
Years ago

Always a little over rated I thought. Benny Conguista (apologies if spelling incorrect) was always the tougher player. Unfortunately his name isn't Ben Tomlinson so he wasn't considered as good. Don't think Nate could've come into the ABA and had the same impact.

Reply #179983 | Report this post

OvErTiMe  
Years ago

Does anybody remember Nate at the nationals in adelaide..He clearly led his team to the semi finals and was fould out controversualy at the end of his game..his team was also up wen u was fouled out if i remember correctly.The conguista kid was a good shooter but not nearly the player Tomlinson was..He is in american now at highschool and goin to university of colorado next year with coach bzdelik former NBA coach.A great kid plays with a big heart.

Reply #180000 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A lot of father/son combos around the NBL - the Black and Joyce duos. DMac and his son. The Westovers. Cook's son at Wollongong (though heading to college rather than taking a development spot in 08/09 I believe), and Tomlinson.

This Tomlinson kid sounds far from the Joyce project on the Coast - someone on OzHoops suggested that Nate was probably AU's next best hope at PG after Mills?

Reply #180007 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Nate is super quick but also very light. Not the greatest shooter (oh no like Joyce junior) but could make an impact after a few years away. Did very well with Aust junior side.

Reply #180045 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

Better than SOJ but still a lot of room for improvement upstairs if he is going to be the next best PG behind Mills. From the u18s at Wayville he was VERY undisciplined at times due to his brain fades, but has more skills and talent than SOJ. Not the worst player I have seen but needs more brain to make an impact at the senior level. I wasn't wrapped about him at the u18s, but he had something in him left to show I believe... some more smarts would make him the next best.

Reply #180113 | Report this post

OvErTiMe  
Years ago

SMARTS!!!!have u read anything about this kid..all they talk about is his smarts..they say he has one of the biggest basketball I.Q for a piont guard in america..im not sure where u guys get ur info from..AND at the nationals he was the best player there by a mile..why do u think marty called him up for the emus team..

Reply #180123 | Report this post

OvErTiMe  
Years ago

whos is SOJ??

Reply #180124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Daniel "Son of Joyce" Joyce.

Reply #180157 | Report this post

OvErTiMe  
Years ago

ok..So do u think he will come back to play under his father or play and make his own career unlike "SOJ"

Reply #180159 | Report this post

1 dream  
Years ago

Yea thats intersting but exciting for the youngster and also the kings if he does return in the future.
Being coached by a former NBA coach wont hurt him either.This can only be good news for basketball in Australia.

Reply #180191 | Report this post

Justin Smith  
Years ago

Daniel Joyce is a complete spastic. His Dad spends the whole time coaching him as a seperate issue when he is on the floor. Can't shoot, can't dribble, can't pass, can't jump and shore as hell can't think. we all know this kid would struggle to get a game even in the ABA if it wasn't for his Dad.

Reply #213727 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754