LC
Years ago

Washington State vs North Carolina

UNC have opened up a 14 point lead at the main break. Aron Baynes is playing a good defensive game and has held the Tar Heel's leading scorer to just 2 points on 0-4 shooting (Hansborough AVG is 20.3 ppg).
Baynes had 6 points and 3 boards on 3/4 shooting himself.
Wazzu are playing well, but it appears UNC have too many scoring options. Should be an interesting 2nd half.
You can watch the game live by visiting ncaasports.com and follow the links...

Topic #15228 | Report this topic

Sturt Champs  
Years ago

The game is a tale of two styles...the umptempo style of UNC versus the slow half court game of Wazzu.
UNC are fun to watch in the open court...
Agree with LC, Baynes is doing a great if unspectacular job. Hansborough is a star and to have just 2 points going into the second half is huge.

Reply #179975 | Report this post

Sturt Champs  
Years ago

UNC won comfortably.
Baynes was his team's shining light with 14 pts, 8 boards. His team members shot poorly.

Reply #179985 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I'm in North Carolina right now, drinking Southern Comfort to try to get rid of my cold before I go to see Charlotte Bobcats V Cleveland Cavaliers next Wednesday. (Listening to country Yee Hawww music.) Did some redneck stuff last week the day of my brother's funeral...got to shoot a 22 and even did well hitting the targets,,,

Reply #179987 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Please no one make any bad comments about Dusty or Phil while Dana is holding the gun, unless you're wearing body armour.

Reply #179992 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

We had bigger than 22s here too Isaac. Bit too noisy for me

Reply #179995 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Funny though....I tell you what the wireless all you can eat internet is great here...just switch on 'puter and go...

Reply #179997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how was the game Dana?

Reply #179998 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I fired an AK-47 in Vietnam - that was surreal enough for me.

Reply #179999 | Report this post

Guru  
Years ago

Tar-Heels to win the championship

Reply #180001 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

you really need to get your hands on an MP5....

a double barrel shot gun is also a bit of fun... makes nice holes...

Reply #180003 | Report this post

Always be careful what you say in here, you could be in for a Ferrari drive-by.

Reply #180038 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Guess it was a good time for Baynes to have a good gmae against an NBA bound player. With Scouts watching the sweet 16 for a firery ginger ninja!!

Reply #180087 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

So is that it for Aussies in the tourney now?

Interesting to note that Baynes, Mills and Ogilvy all had huge games when their teams were eliminated, surely performing under pressure is something NBA scouts would look favourably at?

Reply #180103 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

AJ will definitely play on next season as will Mills and Baynes. AJ is likely to be a lottery pick next year, whilst if Baynes, Mills and Luke Nevill continue to improve they too will be on the radar.

Reply #180109 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754