Lion.Hear Me Roar
Years ago

World Hour

I know this may sound stupid but how many if any stadiums this weekend are thinking of cutting their power for 1 hour at 8 O'Clock as per the rest of the civilized world & Tasi and will any ABL games take this into account ?

Topic #15235 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Corletto a 6?

Reply #180051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its called Earth Hour.

Reply #180081 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

very good question.
would be interested to know the answer.....

Reply #180086 | Report this post

Are you suggesting said games be played in the dark

Reply #180102 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

i hadn't even heard of this, are people even going to seriously be turning off their electricity for this or what? not to mention, why would the entire world do it?

Reply #180104 | Report this post

HGAS  
Years ago

Glow in the dark ball n they will b fine!!

Reply #180105 | Report this post

Afroman Jnr  
Years ago

wouldnt that be saving electricity? having so many people at one location with only those lights saves having the thousands and thousands of lights on at home elsewhere... just my thought

Reply #180106 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

It isn't so much being held to 'save electricity' for one hour - that would be kind of pointless, it's more about recognition, increasing awareness and showing your support.

Things like turning off microwave, vcr's, dvd players at the mains. minimising air condition usage and excessive use of lights (during the day! open a damn curtain), All of these are much better to do from day to day.

Reply #180107 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

this earth hour won't make a single difference to the pollution, and how people use electricity on a large scale. is basically a pointless thing to do

Reply #180167 | Report this post

Basket61  
Years ago

Ricey

Did you even read DJ's post above?? I think you have missed the whole point of this.

Reply #180175 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

i did, if you are telling me this will make people more conscious about their power use, i think you are joking yourself. only thing that will increase any awareness is a larger bill at the end of the month.

Reply #180180 | Report this post

Earth hour is stupid. I might turn unnecessary things on in my house just for spite. Its a drop in the ocean. So the polar caps melt one hour later, so what.

Reply #180196 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

not to mention whether we like it or not, the earth is going to fall to pieces, may aswell get it over and done with sooner rather than later... plus i'll be long dead by then, so what the hell will it matter to me when i'm in my grave??? or for anyone really

Reply #180204 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754