-
Years ago

Should Schueller have got the job?

How close was the call, should bear have got the job, was the right decision made.

Topic #15243 | Report this topic

-  
Years ago

assistant caoch job?

Reply #180137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was always going to be happy either way.
Both are great young coaches and both have bright futures. Schuellers time will come, he is too good not too but Liam will do great as well, always helps already being in a system with things like this.

Reply #180140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes, the right decision was made.

Reply #180142 | Report this post

New Name  
Years ago

Yes, 100% the right decision was made.

Reply #180163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be wrong to assume that Schueller was even the second choice.

Reply #180171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least he still has Bear Basketball Australia.

Reply #180182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schueller a shit coach
man any one could look like a good coach with his team
man a baby could of coach north last year and won the championship
and the baby would be better then him

Reply #180203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After last nights game one could suggest that no dusty means no schueller.

Reply #180248 | Report this post

Haters  
Years ago

For all the haters out there if you cant realise the guy puts in more effort than most, has great understanding of the game and is a legitimate good coach then you dont know what basketball is about. 1 loss against a good opposition on their home floor doesnt mean that its no Dusty no Shuller, watch North peak at the right time of year and watch him out coach like he did last year his opponent. People kicking a guy while he is down shows nothing but gutlessness! also think North lost their first game last year ad look how that turned out.

Reply #180249 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No Kersten either. They gained Reardon but in his first game of the season, he was not impressive in my opinion. Give him time to adjust and Schueller may shine again with or without Dusty.

Reply #180252 | Report this post

blame  
Years ago

Hambour cost the Rockets this game.

Reply #180263 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I agree, he is a jerk. Too much bad temper and retaliation will not help his game nor his team.

Reply #180304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes but they lost to a team with no cooper, webber or papendick, plus also lost foster as well and i thought norwood didnt even play that well!! dont think he is as good as everyone thinks he is!

Reply #180332 | Report this post

WHAT A JOKE!

I swear Schueller spends half his time starting these posts!

There are much more quailified coaches in SA that deserve more discussion then Schueller. Schueller gets more talk than Richard Hill or even Ninnis!

WHO CARES ABOUT SCHUELLER (besides himself?!?!)

Reply #180385 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he just has a lot of fans and critics. In fact, shortly after this topic was created he emailed asking if I thought it was appropriate or should be taken down - he didn't want to take anything away from Liam's successful application.

Reply #180389 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Well said Isaac.

At the end of the day, results speak for themselves. I don't hear anyone complaining about Andy Simons ability or inability to coach (and I won't as I've known him as a player and coach, tremendous knowledge and work ethic), but one could argue he also has a talent stacked team.

I may be wrong here, but isn't juniors about developing your players to help them be the best they can, and seniors is about winning, and recruiting if need be to win?

Reply #180413 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the difference in that case is that there is no horde of Simons followers posting about how he should get an NBL job and the like!

Reply #180419 | Report this post

Hmmmm  
Years ago

Interesting point coach. I think it is more a case of philosophy. Do you have the view point that your juniors should aspire to represent your club as a senior and hence spend lots of $$'s on the senior program (South Adelaide Men years ago) OR priority is given to your juniors and seniors are left to fend for themselves (Sturt)?

Reply #180421 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Hmmmm,

my philosophy probably lies somewhere in the middle. Yes I want all juniors to aspire to playing seniors but that will never happen.
I'm not sure what you mean by spending lots of $$ on the senior program re: south.
If the juniors are good enough, and still have the desire and enjoyment to continue their playing, why can't they fend for themselves and move to a different club if need be.
After playing juniors and 3 years of mens at 1 club, I moved on and really enjoyed my time.

Reply #180481 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Quote Isaac.." In fact, shortly after this topic was created he emailed asking if I thought it was appropriate or should be taken down - he didn't want to take anything away from Liam's successful application"

OH NOOOO...my only thought is thank god he didnt get the job....or DICKO wouldve had to come up with yet another 36ers coach nickname.

"Censorship, like charity, should begin at home, but unlike charity, it should end there." Clare Booth

Reply #180750 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754