Isaac
Years ago

ESPN's Hollinger rates top NBA internationals

No real surprises in the top five (Duncan, Dirk, Nash, Ginobili, Yao). Bogut comes in at number 16:

Top 30 NBA Internationals

Any major changes you'd make to this list? Is Bogut too low at #16?

Topic #15244 | Report this topic

Who Me?  
Years ago

You'd hate to be Detroit or Toronto's International Scouts - a Top 30 list and no sign of Darko (No.2 Draft Pick - I know that he is no longer at detorit, but Melo, Wade & Bosh all picked after him aren't doing too badly) or Bargnani (Roy & Aldridge doing pretty well for Portland and both taken after Andreas at 1)on the list.

Spurs with three of the Top 7, although Duncan was 4 year College stand-out. And they even gave Scola away this year to Houston, mainly because he wouldn't have seen much court time behind Duncan.

Being an Aussie, we are probably all a bit biased, but from what I have seen I would have Okur & Biedrins (at least) behind him on the list. If you were looking at longer than 6 months, which were Hollinger's parameters, I would be pretty confident that Bogut would be in the Top 10 (given he is only 23)

Reply #180144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BTW, on Bogut, I spotted this from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and Rotoworld:

Andrew Bogut will have surgery on his nose today after X-rays revealed that it was broken. He won't play tonight and will be listed as day-to-day starting on Saturday.

The Bucks play Chicago tomorrow, but it seems unlikely that Bogut would play just a day after surgery. The third-year center was having a huge game on Wednesday when he was hit in the face by Atlanta's Marvin Williams. More details on the surgery should be known later today.

Reply #180147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duncan was born in the Virgin Island but he's really an American isn't he!?

Reply #180153 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Barbosa should be a couple of spots higher in my opinion.

anyone think the same?

Reply #180154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For christ sake, theres a difference between where you're born and where your bred and really come from. Nash isn't south african, ben gordon ain't english, parkers isn't from belgium, Dalembert isn't from Haiti. I hate it when they go by where you're born instead of where you're from. It's like saying tony ronalson is an adelaidian and Michael Jordan is a new yorker.

Reply #180155 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Or Erin Phillips is Victorian

Reply #180158 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I'd have Hedo up a couple spots too - above Deng and Big Z.

Reply #180165 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Anon, its not like they can all play for Team USA though

Reply #180173 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

i think that OKur should be higher than Biedrins

Reply #180177 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Yao and Ginobli to swap, Turkoglu go up 2 spots, barbosa and okur both go over biedrins, Peja go up over dalembert, horford up 2 spots, Raja bell up 4, Diaw should be 27th, Garcia to go down 2...

Just my opinions

Reply #180179 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Not far off the mark really...always contentious.
Bucks lost big time against Orlando without Bogey earlier today...Howard had a field day with 25 & 11, along with 2 blocks. Bucks coughed up another 100 points - their d is non-existent without Bogut.

Reply #180188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On Bogut- "If the Bucks ever got a clue, his talents might be much more appreciated."

Absolutely agree with this and i like the reference of "Plus, he's a brilliant passer."

Reply #180201 | Report this post

Hollinger sucks. Shane Battier is 45th in effectiveness for SF's according to his crappy stat.

Reply #180205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754