Anonymous
Years ago

Official: Ng signs with Slingers

STAR Adelaide 36ers guard Darren Ng will lead the Singapore Slingers' drive up the NBL rankings in 2008-09.

Ng, 24 and 189cm, today formally signed with Singapore after flirting with the club when he was a free agent last year.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23446269-5006371,00.html

Topic #15252 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD NEWS

Reply #180215 | Report this post

Help Mal  
Years ago

We have put so much time and patience in NG for him to just move clubs when he becomes good.
Is there no loyality is sport anymore.
Very dissapointed NG

Reply #180219 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Teams put time into other players and when it does not work out they cut them in a heartbeat. It is a two way street. So do not bring in loyalty. It is a business. Money talks.

Reply #180225 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

not to mention this will allow him to grow as a player, and once slingers collapse, he will far better thanks to the court time and experience he gained from playing against the best in the NBL rather than getting minor minutes, but yeah, he will more than likely be back when the slingers fold, which is good for us.

Reply #180233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its obviously a publicity stunt as much as anything, he will become a better player however there has to be evidence supporting the fact that players who travel as much as singapore players, have to have shorter careers or have their playing ability hindered somewhat. im not talkin about perth to the east coast, i mean 7 hrs to sydney/melbourne, returning to singapore, then to qld etc was what they were doing last year and it cant be good for you. Does anyone know if they travel economy class or business?

Reply #180234 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

its obviously a publicity stunt as much as anything, he will become a better player however there has to be evidence supporting the fact that players who travel as much as singapore players, have to have shorter careers or have their playing ability hindered somewhat. im not talkin about perth to the east coast, i mean 7 hrs to sydney/melbourne, returning to singapore, then to qld etc was what they were doing last year and it cant be good for you. Does anyone know if they travel economy class or business?

Reply #180235 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Great move for the Singapore Dingers. Here's hoping Minger joins him. Will establish him as a legit player in the NBL. Top guy who works incredibly hard and deserves every success.

Reply #180242 | Report this post

Fm  
Years ago

With Ng in the slingers, their future past 2008/09 looks safer than most of the other clubs. Hopefully this should bring the crowd along.

Good signing slingers

Reply #180261 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Whilst disappointed fro the Sixers, I am glad for Ng as this will be a great opportunity for him, in a place where he ought get 40+ minutes a game against the best in the NBL.

I am not sure exactly where it leaves the Sixers long term prospects at the guard position. Davidson and Maher are both at the end of their careers, and Burdon is not exactly a walk up next choice guard. He still has a lot of development to do to replace Maher, for instance, when he retires at the end of next season. Davidson may have two seasons left in him, but after that, who are our guards??

Reply #180265 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I will now call them the ngapore ngers.

Reply #180276 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah really sad, i was pushing for the 36ers to overpay him to keep him here as he was just coming good at the right time when brett was leaving and it seemed like such a logical and smooth transition. I like XY i dont know where the replacement comes from now, i guess they go import SG and try and find a local to back up the PG. Good for NG though.

Reply #180277 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

E. Burdon is more than capable of filling Ng's shoes and in fact given the same minutes will do a better job. Better defender and IMO shooter as well. Had something like 37 points against Norwood who threw player after player at him to stop him but none could. Richard Hill was an interested spectator so it's good to see they are getting out to have a look. Eze certainly did his NBL chances no harm.

Reply #180284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good for Darren... He will help to motivate many more children in Singapore and Malaysia.Good to promote NBL basketball in other countries. All the best Darren!

Reply #180288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754