hoops
Years ago

NBA players in the AFL?

How does everybody think an NBA player would go playing in the AFL, I think someone like a Dwight Howard or a Lebron James placed on the forward line or in the ruck would dominate if they were taught how to play. Their size and athleticism would beat any other player in the AFL.
Is the african american demographic the next recruiting ground for the AFL to tap in?

Topic #15254 | Report this topic

baller  
Years ago

Yeah good idea, I would love to see them playing in my team. I think Neil Craig and the crows should do a recruiting trip to the bronx of LA or NY and see what they would find. Im sure there are some street baller's out there that would jump and the opportunity to try out for an AFL team if given the opportunity. If anything it create some public interest and keep things exciting

Reply #180217 | Report this post

TT44  
Years ago

not wrong, chuck amare stoudimire in the ruck, dwight howard centre half forward, big shaq daddy one out in the goal square, and why not throw terel owens on the wing while we are at it.

Reply #180218 | Report this post

Put james white at the full forward... ha ha

Reply #180222 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I recall many years ago Sheedy had an American come over to try out for Essendon, played in a pre-season game but then vanished, never to be heard of again. He looked a pretty solid unit and was a colege athlete but that wasn't enough to make it in the AFL.

Reply #180231 | Report this post

HGAS  
Years ago

whould have to try pick them up young give them time to learn the game, but if they pick up the skills they would b a dominant force, fashaw

Reply #180264 | Report this post

kieranjack  
Years ago

yep 4 sur i been thinken of this a while..

clubs should go for some young college athletes not good enough for pro ball cause then they would be more chance of coming.

bring over for testing develop a few into ruckman imagine the added excitement.

Reply #180321 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Mark Williams work with the american guy at Essendon... He said that the guy was at great athlete and picked up the skills of the game well enough, however he had trouble picking up the game, i.e. had trouble aticipating the fall of the ball and making position. I dont know what the fellas name was but he was apparetly dating the daughter of a then member of the AFL board..

Reply #180323 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:33 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754